Happy International Crochet Day!!
Five years ago today, Jimbo from Jimbo’s Front Porch declared September 12 International Crochet Day, a day to share your love of crochet and promote it as the beautiful art form we all know it is. And true to tradition, he is giving away some gorgeous hand carved hooks. Be sure to stop by Jimbo’s Front Porch to enter.
How can we celebrate International Crochet Day? Here are some ideas:
- Pop over to your crochet buddies’ Facebook pages and wish them a Happy International Crochet Day.
- Crochet something for charity. See here for ideas.
- Crochet in public.
- Treat yourself to some gorgeous yarn — think splurge!
- Support your local yarn store.
- Support an indie designer.
- Learn a new stitch.
- Wear one of your creations.
- Call the person who taught you to crochet and thank them (Thank you, Nonna!).
- Teach someone to crochet.
How will you be celebrating today?
And in the spirit of promoting crochet love, I am offering 20% off your entire pattern purchase in my shops on Etsy and Ravelry! Just use the code CROCHETDAY2012 at checkout to receive your discount.
Happy hooking, everyone!!