This crochet scarflette pattern is so quick and easy. Not only is it cozy but it’s also so versatile to wear. It looks just as great on for a casual day of errands as it does for an elegant dinner out. Best of all, since it’s worked up in bulky yarn, you can crochet one up in no time! In fact, once you get going you will be able to whip up one for everyone on your gift list!
The pattern is also great for beginners as it includes only two basic crochet stitches, a single crochet and double crochet stitch. The main scarf part of the pattern is worked in single crochet stitches through either the back loop or the front loop only as indicated, which creates a wonderful textured look. But my favorite part is the scalloped edging and that is where the double crochets come into play.
I have also included some tips in the notes section if you would like to customize the scarflette to your taste or if wanting to use a different yarn weight, such as worsted or chunky yarn.
This free pattern is written in U.S. crochet terms but if you would like to convert the pattern stitches for U.K., I have included a link to a handy conversion chart below.
What others are saying about the Pretty Scarflette Crochet Pattern:
“You have made another GREAT pattern! My cowl worked up really fast and easy. And it turned out beautiful! I LOVE the ridges and the look of the entire thing. Your patterns are always so easy to read and I love that you include the stitch count for each row.” ~Kadie
“I thoroughly enjoyed your pattern. It is very well written, easy to follow instructions, and the stitch count was perfect. ” ~Jennifer
“Excellent pattern, very detailed instructions and my cowl is perfect.
Thank you.” ~Maureen W.
“Nicely written, easy to read.” ~Heidi G.
“Great pattern!” ~Susan H.
Here is what you will need:
- Bulky weight yarn, approx. 110 yd (shown here using 1 skein of Knit Picks Biggo)
- L11 / 8 mm crochet hook
- yarn needle and scissors
Gauge: 8 sts and 8 rows = 4 in.
Size: One size: approx. 6¼ in. wide × 31 in. long.
- I like to fasten mine with a pretty pin or brooch so that I can style it to lay exactly as I want and switch up the look. You can add buttons to one edge and fit them through the stitches on the other but that doesn’t allow for as much versatility.
- This pattern can be easily adjusted to your prefered length by simply adjusting the starting chain until you reach your desired length. The width can also be adjusted but may take an additional repeat of the edging or some minor improvising.
- If you prefer to use a worsted weight yarn or chunky weight yarn instead, you can do that also by adjusting the starting chain and/or width as above.
- Main pattern stitches and abbreviations: ch – chain; single crochet – sc; double crochet – dc; st(s) – stitch(es); FL – front loop; BL – back loop; sk – skip.
Scarflette Crochet Pattern
Ch 47 (if you are comfortable working a foundation single crochet stitch, work 46 and skip to Row 2).
Row 1: Working through the top loop and back ridge of the chain, work 1 sc in the 2nd chain from hook and each ch across, turn — 46 sts.
Row 2: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work 1 sc in the FL of each st across — 46 sts.
Row 3: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work 1 sc in the BL of each st across — 46 sts.
Rows 4 through 13: Repeat Rows 2 and 3 for pattern sequence. At the end of Row 13, do not turn or fasten off.
Scalloped Lace Edging
Row 1: Beginning in same st in which last sc of Row 13 was made, work 1 sc at the end of each row, turn — 13 sts.
Row 2: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work 1 sc in the FL of each st across, turn — 13 sts.
Row 3: Ch 1 (does not count as st), working in BLs only, work 1 sc, *sk next st, 5 dc in next, sk next st, 1 sc in next, rep from * across, turn — 19 sts.
Row 4: Ch 3 (counts as dc), working in FLs only, work 1 dc in 1st sc, sk 2 dc, 1 sc in next dc, sk 2 dcs, *5 dc in next sc, skip 2 dc, 1 sc in next dc, sk 2 dcs, rep from * across, work 2 dc in last sc, turn — 17 sts.
Row 5: Ch 1 (does not count as st), working in BLs only, work 1 sc in 1st dc, sk next dc, 5 dc in next sc, *sk 2 dc, 1 sc in next, skip 2 dc, 5 dc in next, rep from * across, sk next dc, 1 sc in top of turning ch — 19 sts.
Fasten off and repeat edging on other end of scarf.
Fasten off and weave in ends.
Block lightly if desired.
Browse more free crochet patterns.
you may Also enjoy …
- Mobius Infinity Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Chevron Crochet Scarf
- Transitions Wrap Pattern
- Inside Out Cowl Pattern