Why Guest Post on Petals to Picots?
Petals to Picots is an established fiber arts blog with a passionate and engaged audience. First established in 2011, Petals to Picots has grown to a readership of over 25K regular email subscribers and over 200K social media followers, including some of the fiber industry’s leading brands and publications such as Lion Brand Yarns, Jimmy Beans Wool, Simply Crochet, Inside Crochet, and Red Heart Yarns.
By becoming a guest contributor on Petals to Picots, you get the opportunity to introduce yourself to a large audience and get your work in front of some of the industry’s most powerful influencers. Whether you are an already established designer or blogger or just getting started, this is a great opportunity to grow a following or build your portfolio.
What Are We Looking For?
Petals to Picots is all about fiber arts! Our readers love unique and original crochet and knitting patterns, learning new stitches and techniques, and fun yarn and fiber crafts to name just a few. Listed below are a few simple guidelines for submissions:
- All patterns and projects must be your own original content and not violate any copyright or intellectual property laws
- All photos should be clearly focused and well lit (min. of 500px; max of 700 px)
- Your post must be clearly written and submitted in final post-ready form
- Once your post is published, please check the comments periodically and answer any questions that readers may have left for you
- Please note that you will retain all rights to your work and have the freedom to repost on your own site or submit anywhere you choose. However, since Google penalizes the posting of duplicate content, all that I ask is that you do some slight rewriting before you do so the exact content does not appear elsewhere.
You can submit your post or query by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include the following:
- Your name as you would like it to appear in the post
- Your email address so that I can contact you with any questions, notify you if accepted, and let you now the scheduled post date (your email will not be published)
- Your website URL (if applicable).
- Your post title and body
- Any images in jpeg or png format
- Please include a list of any supplies used, including yardage and notions if applicable
- If desired, include a short bio and a couple links to your website and/or social media so readers can follow you