What better way to kick off our month of May Flowers than with a pretty flower dishcloth!
We are on Month 5 of our #P2PdishclothCAL!! If you are just joining us, you can get all the details in my Tunisian Dishcloth Crochet Along post here. New to Tunisian Crochet? No problem … you can check out my free series Learn Tunisian Crochet in a Week.
Flower Tunisian Crochet Dishcloth … May
Here is what you will need:
- worsted weight cotton yarn (approx. 82 yds)
- J10/6mm Tunisian hook
- scissors and yarn needle
Finished dishcloth measures approximately 8½ in. × 8½ in.
Tunisian Crochet Abbreviations (you can click on links to review the “how to” for each stitch):
Set up row: Pull up through the back ridge of each ch across — 30 sts (Noted as the first row of circles).
Work pattern as charted above taking note of the following:
- when working your forward pass, the loop on your hook counts as the first stitch (indicated as a circle in the chart)
- the last stitch is made through the two end loops of row below (also indicated as a circle in the chart).
- a basic return pass should be used throughout (i.e., yo, draw through 1 loop, *yo, draw through 2 loops, rep from * across).
- Row 35 should be worked as a bind off row; work Trs bind off (Noted as the last row of circles).
KEY: Circle = first/last stitch; Color = Trs; White = Tks.
Block finished dishcloth if desired (-> How to Block Knit and Crochet Items).
You can find all Tunisian Crochet Dishcloth patterns from our series here.