This Sampler Washcloth Tunisian Crochet Pattern gives you the opportunity to practice some basic Tunisian stitches while stitching up a pretty washcloth for your home or to give as a gift. They are the perfect size for facial washcloths or to use for babies.
If you are just getting started with Tunisian Crochet, you can check out my Learn Tunisian Crochet in a Week series to help you get started or just scroll down here for the links to the stitch tutorials for the stitches used in this pattern.
Sampler Washcloth Tunisian Crochet Pattern
Where possible I include links to the products and resources I mention. Some of these links may be affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission on purchases at absolutely no additional cost to my readers. These affiliate relationships help offset the costs of running this website. You can read my full Disclosure Statement here.
Here’s what you will need:
- worsted weight cotton yarn, approx. 186 yds (such as Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton® Yarn)
- J10 / 6mm Tunisian hook
- yarn needle and scissors for finishing
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern: Tunisian Crochet Abbreviations and Symbols, Basic Forward and Return Pass, How to Crochet a Tunisian Knit Stitch (Tks), How to Crochet a Tunisian Purl Stitch (Tps), How to Crochet Tunisian Simple Stitch (Tss).
- When working your forward pass, the loop on your hook counts as the first stitch.
- The last stitch of each row should be made through the two end loops of row below.
- A basic return pass should be used throughout (i.e., yo, draw through 1 loop, *yo, draw through 2 loops, rep from * across).
- Tks – Tunisian Knit Stitch
- Tps – Tunisian Reverse Stitch
- Tss – Tunisian Simple Stitch
Row 1: Tss across — 20 sts.
Rows 2 through 5: Repeat Row 1.
Row 6: Work Tss in next 3 sts, Tks in next 6 sts, Trs in next 6 sts, Tss in last 4 sts — 20 sts.
Rows 7 through 11: Repeat Row 6.
Row 12: Work Tss in next 3 sts, Trs in next 6 sts, Tks in next 6 sts, Tss in last 4 sts — 20 sts.
Rows 13 through 17: Repeat Row 12.
Rows 18 through 20: Repeat Row 1.
Bind off and weave in ends.
Click here for more Tunisian Crochet Patterns.