Autumn is my favorite time of year … I just love the sun-filled days, the cool nights, and of course the colorful and crisp leaves! It’s the perfect time to work up this Leaf Tunisian Crochet Dishcloth Pattern … although I think leaf decor is beautiful all year long!
If you’re new to Tunisian crochet or just want a bit of a refresher, you can check out my free series Learn Tunisian Crochet in a Week!
Leaf Tunisian Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Here is what you will need:
- worsted weight cotton yarn (approx. 82 yds)
- J10/6mm Tunisian hook
- scissors and yarn needle
Finished dishcloth measures approximately 8½ in. × 8½ in.
Tunisian Crochet Abbreviations (you can click on links to review the “how to” for each stitch):
Set up row: Pull up through the back ridge of each ch across — 30 sts.
Work pattern as charted below taking note of the following:
- when working your forward pass, the loop on your hook counts as the first stitch (indicated as a circle in the chart)
- the last stitch is made through the two end loops of row below (also indicated as a circle in the chart).
- a basic return pass should be used throughout (i.e., yo, draw through 1 loop, *yo, draw through 2 loops, rep from * across).
- Row 35 should be worked as a bind off row; work Trs bind off.
KEY: Circle = first/last stitch; Green = Trs; White = Tks.
Block finished dishcloth if desired (-> How to Block Knit and Crochet Items).
You may also like this charming free Pumpkin Tunisian Crochet Dishcloth pattern for a perfect autumn set!