I had a reader suggestion for an apple dishcloth to go with my Tunisian dishcloths set and thought it would make the perfect addition!! You can also work up the Leaf and Pumpkin dishcloths for a whole Autumn collection!
And if you are new to Tunisian crochet or just feeling a bit rusty, you can check out my free series Learn Tunisian Crochet in a Week!
Apple Tunisian Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Here is what you will need:
- worsted weight cotton yarn (approx. 82 yds; I used Lion Brand’s Kitchen Cotton in Cayenne)
- US J-10 / 6 mm crochet hook
- scissors and yarn needle
Finished dishcloth measures approximately 8½ in. × 8½ in.
Tunisian Crochet Abbreviations (you can click on links to review the “how to” for each stitch):
Set up row: Pull up through the back ridge of each ch across — 30 sts.
Work pattern as charted below taking note of the following:
- when working your forward pass, the loop on your hook counts as the first stitch (indicated as a circle in the chart)
- the last stitch is made through the two end loops of row below (also indicated as a circle in the chart).
- a basic return pass should be used throughout (i.e., yo, draw through 1 loop, *yo, draw through 2 loops, rep from * across).
- Row 35 should be worked as a bind off row; work Trs bind off.
KEY: Circle = first/last stitch; Red = Trs; White = Tks.
Block finished dishcloth if desired (-> How to Block Knit and Crochet Items).