What’s more perfect for these snowy January days than a snowman dishcloth pattern! But this is one you can make while you are nice and toasty inside with a cup of tea 🙂
January Tunisian Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Snowman Dishcloth Pattern
Design by Megan from Crescent Moon Crochet
Here is what you will need:
- J10 / 6mm Tunisian hook
- worsted weight cotton yarn, approx. 82 yds (such as Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton® Yarn)
- yarn needle and scissors for finishing
Finished dishcloth measures approximately 8½ in. × 8½ in.
Tunisian Crochet Abbreviations (you can click on links to review the “how to” for each stitch):
Set up row: Pull up through the back ridge of each ch across — 30 sts (Noted as the first row of circles).
Work pattern as charted above taking note of the following:
• when working your forward pass, the loop on your hook counts as the first stitch (indicated as a circle in the chart)
• the last stitch is made through the two end loops of row below (also indicated as a circle in the chart).
• a basic return pass should be used throughout (i.e., yo, draw through 1 loop, *yo, draw through 2 loops, rep from * across).
• Row 35 should be worked as a bind off row; work Trs bind off (Noted as the last row of circles).
KEY: Circle = first/last stitch; Color = Trs; White = Tks.
Block finished dishcloth if desired (-> How to Block Knit and Crochet Items).