Yay! It’s time for our first dishcloth … January!! And we have this adorable snowman! If you are just joining us and want to learn more about our Tunisian Dishcloth Crochet Along you can get all the details in my post here.
Part of the fun of a crochet along is sharing our projects and encouraging each other along so be sure to share your dishcloths in the P2P Ravelry group, Facebook group, or on social media with the hashtag #P2PdishclothCAL so we can all see each other’s projects.
If you haven’t yet tried Tunisian crochet this crochet along gives you the perfect opportunity to learn! You can check out my free series Learn Tunisian Crochet in a Week.
January Tunisian Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Here is what you will need:
- worsted weight cotton yarn (approx. 82 yds)
- J10/6mm Tunisian hook
- scissors and yarn needle
Finished dishcloth measures approximately 8½ in. × 8½ in.
Tunisian Crochet Abbreviations (you can click on links to review the “how to” for each stitch):
Set up row: Pull up through the back ridge of each ch across — 30 sts (Noted as the first row of circles).
Work pattern as charted above taking note of the following:
• when working your forward pass, the loop on your hook counts as the first stitch (indicated as a circle in the chart)
• the last stitch is made through the two end loops of row below (also indicated as a circle in the chart).
• a basic return pass should be used throughout (i.e., yo, draw through 1 loop, *yo, draw through 2 loops, rep from * across).
• Row 35 should be worked as a bind off row; work Trs bind off (Noted as the last row of circles).
KEY: Circle = first/last stitch; Color = Trs; White = Tks.
Block finished dishcloth if desired (-> How to Block Knit and Crochet Items).