These scrubby crochet dishcloths are the perfect all purpose cleaning cloths. They are double sided with a gentle cotton side for nonabrasive cleaning and a scrubby side for tougher jobs.
Make a set for yourself or to give as a gift. Best of all, you can just throw them in the wash when you’re done and they’re good as new! I have included patterns below to crochet two sizes of these scrubby dishcloths.
Scrubby Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Here’s what you will need:
- worsted weight cotton yarn (approx 100 yds)
- worsted weight scrubby yarn (approx 100 yds; shown here with Red Heat Scrubby in Zesty and Scrubby Sparkle in Grape)
- US H-8 / 5 mm crochet hook
- yarn needle and scissors
Add this Scrubby Crochet Dishcloth Pattern to your Ravelry library here.
Sizes: small = approx. 6 in. × 6 in.; large = approx. 7 in. × 7 in.
Small (with changes for large in parentheses)
With cotton yarn, ch 20 (23).
Row 1: Work 1 sc in second ch from hook and each ch across, turn — 19 (22) sts
Row 2: Ch 1 (does not count as st here and throughout), work 1 sc in the back loop only of each st across, turn — 19 (22) sts.
Row 3: Ch 1, work 1 sc in the front loop only of each st across, turn — 19 (22) sts.
Row 4: Ch 1, work 1 sc in the back loop only of each st across, turn — 19 (22) sts.
Rows 5 through 16 (20): Repeat rows 3 and 4.
We are going to work the scrubby yarn on the ridged side of the dishcloth, that is, the side that shows the empty loops from each row.
Starting from the bottom right, pull up a loop of the scrubby yarn in the first loop, ch 1 and work a sc in same loop, work 1 sc in each loop across, turn.
Ch 1, work 1 sc in each loop across.
Repeat for each row.
Find more free crochet kitchen patterns here.
you may Also enjoy …
- Crochet Christmas Ornaments
- Cone Christmas Tree Patterns
- Christmas Peppermint Scrubby Pattern
- Santa Wine Bottle Tote Pattern
- Flower Scrubby Pattern
- 4 Quick and Easy Crochet Dishcloth Patterns
- Pineapple Crochet Hot Pad Pattern
- Woven Potholder Crochet Pattern
Fasten off and weave in ends.