Three Color Simple Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

The Three Color Simple Stitch Crochet Dishcloth is the next in our 4 Quick and Easy Crochet Dishcloth Patterns series. Although the stitch pattern is simple, the color changes give this dishcloth a bright and cheery look. Of course if you prefer it can be worked all in one color too!

Three Color Simple Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern | www.petalstopicots.com | #crochet #fiber

A closer look …

Three Color Simple Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern

Here’s what you will need …

Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern: Crochet AbbreviationsU.S. to U.K. Crochet Conversion Chart.

Add this pattern to your Ravelry library.

Available as a convenient, ad-free pdf download here.

Finished washcloth measures approximately 8 inches square.

With CA, ch 30.

Row 1: 1 sc in 4 ch from hook (counts as ch-1 sp and 1 sc), *ch 1, skip next ch, 1 sc in next ch, rep from * across, turn — 14 sc and 14 ch-1 sps.

Row 2: Join CB, ch 2 (counts as ch-1 sp), *work 1 sc in next ch -1 sp, ch 1, rep fr * across, work 1 sc in ch sp of turning ch, turn — 14 sc and 14 ch-1 sps.

Row 3: Join CC and rep Row 2.

Rows 4 – 30: Rep Row 2 for pattern alternating CA, CB, and CC.

Fasten off.

Edging

Join CB in any st around edge. Work a single crochet edging around all 4 sides of washcloth, working 3 sc in each corner.

Fasten off, weave in ends.

Be sure to check out the other dishcloth patterns in the series … shown below from left to right: Textured Dishcloth, Seeing Squares Dishcloth, Crunchy Stitch Dishcloth, and Three Color Simple Stitch Dishcloth (in this post). You can also find even more kitchen crochet patterns by clicking here.

4 Quick and Easy Crochet Dishcloth Patterns | www.petalstopicots.com | #crochet #fiber

, ,

35 Responses to Three Color Simple Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern

1. Rajeswari July 9, 2013 at 7:07 am #

Lovely dish clothes Kara! The green and orange combination is very summery and bright 🙂

• Kara July 9, 2013 at 10:57 am #

I like the colors too! Thanks, Rajeswari 🙂

2. Gail July 9, 2013 at 8:25 am #

Loving this series. Love making dishcloths and I’m happy I came across your blog. Thank you.

• Kara July 9, 2013 at 10:57 am #

I am happy you did too, Gail! So glad to have you along 🙂

3. Sarah July 9, 2013 at 9:01 am #

Super cute! I love this stitch and in 3 colors its fantastic. Well done!

• Kara July 9, 2013 at 10:56 am #

Thanks so much, Sarah!

4. Debi Y. July 9, 2013 at 9:03 am #

That looks like a nice and sturdy dishcloth. Thanks for sharing your pattern with us. 🙂

• Kara July 9, 2013 at 10:56 am #

Thanks Debi 🙂

5. Marilyn July 9, 2013 at 9:41 am #

Kara, I think this is my favorite dish cloth pattern of the set! Well done, my friend!

• Kara July 9, 2013 at 10:53 am #

Thanks, Marilyn!

6. sharon July 10, 2013 at 5:09 am #

thanks for the easy to follow instructions. will be making this very soon!

• Kara July 10, 2013 at 10:43 pm #

My pleasure, Sharon!

7. Annie July 10, 2013 at 8:03 am #

When will you post the other dishcloth patterns. Really would like to make the hole set. Thanks Annie.

• Kara July 10, 2013 at 10:43 pm #

Hi Annie 🙂 I will have a new one each week. Hope you’re enjoying them so far!

• Annie July 11, 2013 at 6:24 am #

Yes Iam injoying them, looking forward to more to come thank you.

8. Marilyn July 11, 2013 at 12:17 pm #

Kara, where do you find your inspiration for crochet patterns? Yours are always simply beautiful!

• Kara July 12, 2013 at 10:57 pm #

Awww … you are always so sweet to me, Marilyn!

9. Elle July 29, 2013 at 5:27 pm #

These are beautiful when first made. However, they stretch terribly when wet, and when washed, and dried, come back in a rectangle, not a square. wish I had made and used a prototype bedpforehand!Imade about 25 of them as gifts! But the recipients still seemed to like them.

• Kara July 30, 2013 at 7:08 pm #

My stitches tend to stretch when wet and when I’m using them but the stitches tighten back up again right after I wash and dry it.

10. Karen July 30, 2013 at 12:28 pm #

On this one do you have to cut the yarn when changing each row or do you just carry it up the side?

• Kara July 30, 2013 at 7:04 pm #

You can just carry it up the side. Nice and easy 🙂

• Bethany August 27, 2016 at 7:33 am #

I wish I had read the comments first… I have thought about carrying up the side, but I didn’t figure out how to it could be done, and never saw anyone do it on a tutorial. Now I have a beautiful dishcloth with 21 ends left to weave in… (sniff) :,(

11. Gloria August 1, 2013 at 2:10 am #

Why is it so hard to print here? I did get one pattern printed but oh my I sure didn’t want a pic the size of my paper. Isn’t there a way to print smaller pics?
    thanks so much

• Kara August 1, 2013 at 6:49 am #

Hi Gloria 🙂 At the bottom of the post there is a printing icon. It should let you choose and eliminate parts of the post you can print. Hope that helps.

12. kim January 1, 2015 at 6:37 pm #

Hi, I love these patterns and the pretty colors. What kind of yarn did you use for these?

13. shoshy roback April 20, 2015 at 11:08 am #

Is the Happy Crochet Dishcloth Pattern the same as the textured dishcloth? I like to add everything I make to Ravelry but can’t find it on your page in Ravelry. Thanks

14. Cindy August 23, 2016 at 9:07 am #

For those of us who don’t understand the chrochet symbols, it would be nice if we had a chart or something to learn the stitches!

15. Victoria April 26, 2017 at 1:22 pm #

Hi love the colors you used. If you don’t mind me asking what is the color names you used? I have those colors but they don’t seem to be the right shades and look awful together. Lol.

• Kara May 1, 2017 at 4:13 pm #

Hi Victoria 🙂 Unfortunately, this yarn has been discontinued by Knit Picks … it was their organic cotton.

1. On a Mission: Fundraiser Recap | Seriously Outnumbered - March 15, 2014

[…] the store shelf and how to read the label.  We also discussed how to read a written pattern.  The pattern we used came from a blog I recently discovered and love!  Check it out!  As with anything you […]

2. Crochet Project: Placemats » catinaanderson.com - August 25, 2014

[…] the dishcloths I really liked the stitch I found in the “Three Color Simple Stitch Dishcloth” by Kara Gunza published on the blog Petals to Picots.  (LOVE Petals to […]

3. Open Studios-Throw Back Thursday – FUN from A to Z - March 2, 2017

[…] brought a handful of different patterns — some of my crocheted favorites from Petals to Picots as well as a simple knit seed stitch (a tutorial can be found on the Craftsy site, the company that […]

4. Textured Crochet Dishcloth Pattern | Petals to Picots - October 16, 2017

[…] right: Textured Dishcloth (in this post), Seeing Squares Dishcloth, Crunchy Stitch Dishcloth, and Three Color Simple Stitch Dishcloth. You can also find even more kitchen crochet patterns by clicking […]

5. Seeing Squares Crochet Dishcloth Pattern | Petals to Picots - October 16, 2017

[…] another dishcloth pattern from the series … shown below from front to back: Textured Dishcloth, Three Color Simple Stitch Dishcloth, Crunchy Stitch Dishcloth, and Seeing Squares Dishcloth (this post). Or  click here for […]