Crochet Teardrop Wire Earrings

646 Flares Google+ 0 StumbleUpon 212 Pin It Share 428 Facebook 3 Twitter 3 646 Flares ×

wire earrings

These wire earrings are actually the result of some experimentation gone wrong … but I can’t say that I am sorry because I love how they came out! I originally was experimenting with Tunisian crochet with wire but wasn’t liking how it was coming out, so I fastened off and just started fiddling with the piece I made. And when I rolled it up I really liked the look of it! So I sat back down and made these earrings, but this time I just stuck to basic crochet stitches.

Crochet Wire Teardrop Earrings

• 30 gauge silver wire
  • a pair of ear wires
  • D hook
  • 2 crimp beads

wm-1-2

(Make 2)

Ch 16.

Row 1:  Work 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across, turn — 15 sts.

Row 2: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work 1 sc in each st across, turn — 15 sts.

Row 3: Repeat Row 2.

Fasten off leaving a tail of approx. 6 inches.

Now is the fun part! Roll the piece into a long skinny strip and then gently fold to make a tear drop shape. Use the tail to join the ends together. Add a crimp bead to the tail. Weave tail through the ear wire and back through the crimp bead. Flatten crimp bead to secure tail. Cut tail right after crimp bead or weave it into the earring.

Crochet Wire Earrings

Click here for more free jewelry patterns.

~~~
If you need supplies for this project, you can also help support my blog by shopping through these affiliate links …

Wire, Zebra Wire™, silver-finished copper, round, 30 gauge. Sold per 50-yard spool. – $2.42

from: Fire Mountain Gems

Earwire, silver-finished surgical steel and brass, 13.5mm fishhook with 2.5mm ball, 21 gauge. Sold per pkg of 25 pairs. – $5.54

from: Fire Mountain Gems

Crimp bead, silver-plated brass, 2×1.5mm round, 1.3mm inside diameter. Sold per pkg of 100. – $3.07

from: Fire Mountain Gems

15 Responses to Crochet Teardrop Wire Earrings

1. Loretta Myers July 3, 2013 at 2:30 am #

I am making some this weekend!
    I was looking for a simple pattern and size suggestion to try my hand at wire crochet. And your earrings are my style; I like the sparkle and seeming random curl and interweave of the wire. People will wonder how I tied all those intricate knots, and with wire.

• Kara July 3, 2013 at 11:08 am #

So glad you want to give them a try! I absolutely love them and wear them so much. Enjoy!

2. Ana Lopes July 3, 2013 at 3:01 am #

Hi Kara, this earrings are so beautiful!
    Hope you have a good week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft

• Kara July 3, 2013 at 11:07 am #

You too, Ana!

3. Debi Y. July 3, 2013 at 8:34 am #

Your earrings are beautiful – they’re perfect to wear with any outfit. I love your crochet hook too. :)
    Debi Y. recently posted…~ Two on Tuesday ~My Profile

• Kara July 3, 2013 at 11:07 am #

Thanks, Debi!

4. Karie {Girl Going Country} July 3, 2013 at 2:34 pm #

OMG I LOVE these! I’m whipping some out this weekend too!
    Karie {Girl Going Country} recently posted…I’ve Been Keeping a SecretMy Profile

5. Ana BC July 4, 2013 at 12:53 am #

Oh, my! I love these earrings. The drop shape make them look so elegant ♥ Ana BC
    Ana BC recently posted…Fantasy Blanket: The Beginning (I)My Profile

• Kara July 6, 2013 at 5:25 pm #

Thanks, Ana :)

6. jeanine perkins July 4, 2013 at 10:56 am #

Hello. I have been crocheting beaded bracelets for all of my granddaughters and I came across your lovely earring pattern. I have some wire that I just couldn’t figure out what to do with. You are a genius!!! Thanks for sharing all your lovely ideas and recipes with all of us. You are my favorite!!! Happy 4th of July!! Jeanine

• Kara July 6, 2013 at 5:24 pm #

My pleasure, Jeanine! I am so glad you enjoy it :)

7. Anita July 5, 2013 at 12:43 am #

Those are really cute! I seriously have to combine my two passions and do some wire crochet! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Anita recently posted…crocheted baby booties and new listings!My Profile

• Kara July 6, 2013 at 5:21 pm #

It is so much fun!

8. Tamara - Moogly July 15, 2013 at 6:11 pm #

Gorgeous and Lovely! Thanks so much for linking up on Hookin On Hump Day!

1. The Fabulous Kara Gunza of Petals to Picots: Designer Showcase! - moogly - March 24, 2014

[…] Teardrop Wire Earrings: I love the look of wire crochet, and I love teardrop shaped earrings – and I’d love if she sent me a pair! Heck, I might have to make my own! […]