Little Pumpkin Crochet Pattern

Pumpkin Crochet Pattern for Halloween

I love autumn!  I love pumpkins and gourds and colorful leaves and mums … I love all those burnt colors of reds and golds and browns … and I love crocheting little autumn lovelies to decorate my home. And, of course, I love being able to share my patterns with you. I hope you enjoy this sweet little pumpkin pattern!

Little Pumpkin Crochet Pattern

• Orange and brown worsted weight cotton yarn
  • G hook / 4 mm
  • tapestry needle
  • fiberfill stuffing or yarn scraps

For best results, use the invisible decrease (sc2tog).  For a tutorial, see Planet June.

Finished pumpkin measures approx 2½ in. high and 10½ in. in circumference.

Pumpkin

Using orange, create a magic ring.

Round 1: Ch 1 (does not count as st), 6 sc in ring, join — 6 sts.

Round 2: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work 2 sc in same st as join and in each st around, join — 12 sts.

Round 3: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work 2 sc in same st as join, 1 sc in next, *2 sc in next, 1 sc in next, rep from * around, join — 18 sts.

Round 4: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work 2 sc in same st as join, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, *2 sc in next, 1 sc  in each of the next 2 sts, rep from * around, join — 24 sts.

Round 5: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work 2 sc in same st as join, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, *2 sc in next, 1 sc  in each of the next 3 sts, rep from * around, join — 30 sts.

Round 6: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work 2 sc in same st as join, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, *2 sc in next, 1 sc  in each of the next 4 sts, rep from * around, join — 36 sts.

Rounds 7 through 11: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work 1 sc in same st as join and in each st around, join — 36 sts.

Round 12: Ch 1 (does not count as st), starting in same st as join sc2tog, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, * sc2tog, 1 sc  in each of the next 4 sts, rep from * around, join — 30 sts.

Round 13: Ch 1 (does not count as st), starting in same st as join sc2tog, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, * sc2tog, 1 sc  in each of the next 3 sts, rep from * around, join — 24 sts.

Round 14: Ch 1 (does not count as st), starting in same st as join sc2tog, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, * sc2tog, 1 sc  in each of the next 2 sts, rep from * around, join — 18 sts.

Round 15: Ch 1 (does not count as st), starting in same st as join sc2tog, 1 sc in next st, * sc2tog, 1 sc  in next st, rep from * around, join — 12 sts.

Round 16: Ch 1 (does not count as st), starting in same st as join sc2tog around, join — 6 sts.

**Stuff pumpkin with fiberfill stuffing or yarn scraps.**

Round 17: Ch 1 (does not count as st), starting in same st as join sc2tog around, join — 3 sts.
Fasten off leaving a tail of about 48 in.

To create a pumpkin shape, use a tapestry needle to pull the tail through the center of the pumpkin, wrap the yarn around the side, and pull back through the center. Give a gentle tug to make a slight indent. Repeat this five more times to create evenly spaced indents around the pumpkin.  If desired, you can go around again, working over the same yarn indents until you get the result you want.

Halloween crochet pumpkin pattern

Stem

Using brown, create a magic ring.

Round 1: Ch 1 (does not count as st), 6 sc in ring — 6 sts.

Round 2: 1 sc in first st and each st around — 6 sts.

Round 3: 1 sc in first st and next 4 sts, Sl st in last — 6 sts.

Fasten off leaving a long enough tail to sew stem to pumpkin. Sew stem onto pumpkin.

Halloween crochet pumpkin pattern

Click here for more free Halloween crochet patterns.

Halloween Crochet Patterns

, , ,

30 Responses to Little Pumpkin Crochet Pattern

1. Anna October 3, 2012 at 8:27 am #

Lovely…
    When english isn’t our language, it’s more dificult for us following the instructions than following a graphic…but I’ll try anyway…
    Hug
    Anna

2. Preeti October 3, 2012 at 6:53 am #

It’s a cute pumpkin! Thank you for sharing the pattern; I can now make some Halloween crochet :)

We do not have Halloween month in India, but my daughter and her friends do have fun time with Halloween:) She makes Halloween things on her own. The next generation is globally compatible with celebrations and having fun ! :)

3. aleisethefunny October 3, 2012 at 1:11 pm #

This stuff is awesome!! :) Thanks for the patterns! :)

4. Adrianne at Happy Hour Projects October 3, 2012 at 1:20 pm #

Oh Kara, this is SO adorable!!

5. Kadie October 3, 2012 at 1:34 pm #

Great little pumpkin! I love the way you got the shape. Thanks for the pattern.:)

6. Cocalores October 3, 2012 at 9:48 am #

What a cute idea! I’m pinning this for later because I just don’t have any yarn that fits. A pink pumpkin might be weird ;-)

7. Designer Esra October 3, 2012 at 1:30 pm #

ahaa! this is how the shape is done! I kept wondering about it and ended up doing something totally different for mine, love urs tho! :)

8. Repeat Crafter Me October 3, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

I absolutely love this Kara!!! I ALMOST bought a pattern for a pumpkin similar to this about a month ago and so glad I didn’t because now I can use your free pattern which is MUCH cuter!! Thanks so much! -Sarah

9. Pearly Queen October 4, 2012 at 10:27 am #

Great pattern – thanks. I just made 3 – see them here…

Thanks for the pattern!

Penny
    x

10. Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm October 4, 2012 at 9:26 pm #

This so makes me wish I could crochet!!!

11. RobinBrz October 5, 2012 at 11:26 pm #

Absolutely Fabulous! I love autumn too and your little pumpkin will make a great decoration for our table. Thanks so much for sharing!

12. Hindustanka October 8, 2012 at 9:57 am #

hi, Kara! I was so much happy when found your pattern of a little pumpkin:) I made two of them, however used the basic amigurumi pattern to create pumpkin’s “body”. thanks for sharing this nice idea!it i will make an awesome Autumn decor for my room :)

13. Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. October 8, 2012 at 4:54 pm #

So adorable! I just love how cute that little pumpkin is! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Hope to see you back next week!

14. Suslee October 8, 2012 at 4:46 pm #

Just in time for a Halloween challenge in my pincushion group. I am going to use rug yarn to make a larger pumpkin and fill the bottom with crushed walnut shells for weight.

15. Debbie Thompson October 10, 2012 at 9:54 pm #

I just found you on artsyfartsymama.com. This is SO sweet! It makes me wish I knew how to crochet!

16. Lindsay @Artsy-Fartsy Mama October 11, 2012 at 5:59 pm #

This pumpkin is too cute! I need to learn to crochet so I can make one! :) Thank you so much for sharing this at Artsy Corner! Hope to see you again this week!

17. Being Inspired October 12, 2012 at 2:10 pm #

This is so cute! Pinning for later. (Like way later when I learn how to crochet ha ha) :)

18. Sara McFall October 16, 2012 at 7:09 pm #

Kara, this is just a perfect, gorgeous pumpkin! Great job and another great tutorial. I just love your work! Thanks for sharing at Hookin On Hump Day again!!

19. Sara McFall October 18, 2012 at 1:58 am #

Kara, I featured this pattern in my fall crochet roundup! http://mymerrymessylife.com/2012/10/fall-and-halloween-crochet-roundup.html

20. Sandi Verfurth October 27, 2012 at 3:22 am #

cute!!!

21. Moonlampje May 31, 2013 at 11:43 pm #

This pattern is just TOO adorable! I just got home from late shift so I have to sleep first, but I can’t wait to start making one :D Thank you so much for sharing!

• Kara June 1, 2013 at 12:08 am #

Hope you enjoy it :)

22. Jeannette July 11, 2013 at 2:03 am #

Thank you so much for sharing this on your website! I made it tonight and I am so pleased with how it came out. I know it is just a smidgen early for Fall, Halloween, or Thanksgiving, but I will have this little guy ready for display when the time comes.

• Kara July 12, 2013 at 10:59 pm #

Yay! So glad you like it, Jeannette!

23. Amanda C. October 21, 2013 at 10:43 am #

This pattern is by far the cutest pumpkin crochet pattern I’ve ever seen! Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

• Kara October 22, 2013 at 9:55 am #

Thanks so much for the great compliment!

24. Kersten December 21, 2013 at 10:10 pm #

Oh my goodness. This is seriously the cutest crochet pumpkin pattern I’ve ever seen. I wish I’d seen this in October! But hey, I can always whip a few up next year, right?! :)

• Kara December 22, 2013 at 12:23 pm #

Thanks so much, Kersten! If you start now you can have a whole patch of the ready for next year ;)

1. Yarn Crafts Roundup for Fall | One Artsy Mama - September 14, 2013

[…] to Picots - Little Pumpkin Pattern How cute is this little pumpkin?  Make them in orange or white or blue or whatever for a whole […]

2. Halloween and Fall Yarn Crafts Roundup - One Dog Woof - September 30, 2013