Inside Out Cowl Free Crochet Pattern

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Inside Out Cowl Free Crochet Pattern | www.petalstopicots.com | #crochet

I bought a few balls of this luscious yarn at my local yarn store and have been saving it for the perfect project. I wanted to use it for something that would show off it’s gorgeous color variation and where I can enjoy how soft it is. Since a cowl is pretty much a daily accessory for me, it seemed the perfect choice … and this stitch pattern totally shows off the yarn! I call this my Inside Out Cowl because it is worked in the round and the pattern shows up on the wrong side of the work … which is really the right side of the cowl!! I am absolutely in love with how it came out!

Inside Out Cowl Free Crochet Pattern

Inside Out Cowl Free Crochet Pattern | www.petalstopicots.com | #crochet

Here is what you will need:

• 2 balls worsted weight yarn (approx.  115 yds/105 meters/50g each), shown here in Concept by Katia Cotton-Merino yarn, Color 105 – Brown
  • I-9/5.50 mm hook
  • scissors and yarn needle

Click here to reference Crochet Abbreviations or here to reference Crochet Stitch Symbols.

Add this pattern to your Ravelry library.

Finished cowl measures approximately 26 in. circumference × 8½ in.

Note: This cowl is worked in a spiral; do not join at the end of each round.

Ch 84.

Round 1: Work a Sl st in furthest ch from hook to form a ring, taking care not to twist the chain (counts as first st), 1 hcd in next ch, *sl st in next ch, 1 hdc in next ch, repeat from * around — 84 sts.

Round 2: *Work 1 hdc in Sl st from previous row, Sl st in hdc from previous row, repeat from * around — 84 sts.

Round 3: *Sl st in hdc from previous row, work 1 hdc in Sl st from previous row, repeat from * around — 84 sts.

Rounds 4 through 31: Repeat Rounds 2 and 3 through Round 31 or until desired length is reached — 84 sts.

Fasten off, weave in ends.

Inside Out Cowl Free Crochet Pattern | www.petalstopicots.com | #crochet

Here is what it looks like from the side you’re working on … nothing too special …

Inside Out Cowl Free Crochet Pattern | www.petalstopicots.com | #crochet

but when you turn in inside out … gorgeous!

Inside Out Cowl Free Crochet Pattern | www.petalstopicots.com | #crochet

Enjoy!

A big thank you to Aleka Craftaholic for providing a Greek translation of this pattern!! You can download the pattern in Greek by clicking here

, ,

13 Responses to Inside Out Cowl Free Crochet Pattern

1. Kelly Cofield January 30, 2017 at 9:30 am #

Tamara:
    You such beautiful work. Every time I see one of your works I’m amazed because it is perfect. Kelly Cofield

2. Kim January 30, 2017 at 11:02 am #

What a pretty pattern that turns out to be. I will definitely try it and thank you! I almost always do a foundation stitch chain instead of regular chains. I seem to have better control of the first row using that technique. I am running through my yarns in my head to decide which one would be good for this pattern. Thanks again.

3. Pamela January 30, 2017 at 12:33 pm #

Thanks! I love this pattern. Super simple with an amazing result at the end.

4. Caz January 30, 2017 at 4:34 pm #

Thank you so much – I have just the right yarn in mind for this. Can’t wait to feel how soft and silky it’ll feel when finished. 🙂

5. Heather February 1, 2017 at 5:17 pm #

Lovely! Round 1 refers to hcd – I assume this is supposed to be hdc? 🙂

• Kara February 3, 2017 at 10:39 am #

Yep 🙂 you are correct! Fixed it.

6. Diane February 4, 2017 at 4:05 pm #

I love this pattern. I would like to use it to make a regular scarf instead of a cowl. How do you think it would look? What adjustments would you recommend …i.e. turning chains, etc. Thanks so much

7. alekacraftaholic February 7, 2017 at 6:25 am #

Adorable!!! I’ve sent an e-mail message,please check it out

• Kara February 7, 2017 at 9:04 am #

Will do 🙂

8. Marikristin February 15, 2017 at 4:47 am #

Lovely Pattern Thank You for Sharing Kara and big Tanks to Aleka Craftaholic for Greek translation!!!!!!!

1. Yet Another Cowl – Craft Doodling - April 7, 2017

[…] one. I sent this cowl as one of the gifts to my 4th grader’s class teacher. I used this intriguing pattern named ‘Inside Out’. The texture seen above is formed on what we usually call the […]