I received a sample of this product to review, but I was not financially compensated in any way to give a favorable review. The opinions expressed here are my own and are based on my own opinions and experiences. I do not get a percentage of any product sales that result from this post or through the links included in this post. You can read my full Disclosure Statement here.
Thanks to the wonderful people at Denise Interchangeable Knitting & Crochet I had the pleasure of trying out the Denise Interchangeable Crochet Kit. And I liked it so much that I wanted to share my experience with all of you!
About the Kit
The kit is priced at $44.95. All of the pieces come in a hard shell case for convenient storage and easy portability. The kit includes:
- 12 crochet hooks (US sizes F/5 to 19)
- 7 cords (two each of 3 in. and 5 in., one each of 9 in., 12 in., and 16 in.)
- 2 extenders
- 4 end buttons
- A pamphlet giving usage instructions and some basic Tunisian instruction to get started
I really enjoyed using this kit!! It was nice having so many sizes right at my fingertips. I like how the hook is made out of a smooth plastic that glides right through the stitches without catching. For basic crocheting, I just used the 3 in. cord. My first thought was that having the cord attached would bother me, or “get in the way”, but actually, it worked just fine. In fact, I liked that the cord made the hook a little more flexible.
While this kit works well for “regular” crocheting, it really shines for Tunisian crochet!! If you like to Tunisian crochet, then this kit is a must have! Just pick out the hook size and length of cord you need and you have a Tunisian hook.
What I Love About the Denise Company:
- All Denise products are 100% Made in the USA! That means every single part and even the molds to make those parts!!
- All of the Denise knitting and crochet parts are guaranteed for life!!
- The people at Denise are committed to maintaining a zero-landfill environment. Their recycling efforts go well beyond what is considered standard.
- The Denise Pink Project has raised $159,586 (as of 2/1/12) for breast cancer research.
- The Denise products pass through airport security in the US and most European countries.