V-Stitch Wristwarmer Crochet Pattern

V-Stitch Wristwarmer Crochet Pattern www.petalstopicots.com #crochet #wristwarmers

Last week I shared with you my pretty Versatile V-Stitch Cowl to Wrap Crochet Pattern (if you missed it, you can get the free pattern here). I hope you have been having fun working it up! I had some leftover yarn and decided to make a matching pair of wristwarmers … I didn’t want to waste a single yard of that yummy alpaca!! Here is the wristwarmer crochet pattern so you can work up a pair too!

V-Stitch Wristwarmer Crochet Pattern

• the leftovers from the 1 hank (665 yds) of Superfine Alpaca used for the Versatile V-Stitch Cowl to Wrap Crochet Pattern here
  • H hook
  • tapestry needle and scissors

Click here to reference Crochet Abbreviations or here to reference Crochet Stitch Symbols.

Add this pattern to your Ravelry library.

Special Stitch:

V-stitch (V-st) — [1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc] in specified stitch.

(Make 2)

Ch 26, Sl st in furthest ch from hook to begin working in the round, taking care not to twist the chain.

Row 1: Ch 1 (does not count as st here and throughout), work 1 sc in same ch as join and each ch around, join — 26 sc.

Row 2: Ch 1, working in back loops only this round, work 1 sc in same st as join and each st around, join — 26 sc.

Rows 3 through 5: Ch 1, work 1 sc in same st as join and each st around, join — 26 sc.

Row 6: Ch 1, working in back loops only this round, work 1 sc in same st as join and each st around, join — 26 sc.

Row 7: Ch 4 , work 1 dc in same st as join (counts as first V-st), skip next st, *V-st in next st, skip next st, repeat from * around, join in 3rd beginning ch — 13 V-sts.

Row 8: Ch 1, work 2 sc in the ch-sp of each V-st around, join — 26 sc.

Row 9: Ch 1, working in back loops only this round, work 1 sc in same st as join and each st around, join — 26 sc.

Rows 10 through 30: Repeat Rows 3 through 9 three times.

Rows 31 through 34: Repeat Rows 3 through 6.

Fasten off, weave in ends.

Basic Pattern Repeat Stitch Diagram

Basic Pattern Repeat Stitch Diagram

11-5-14-3

Click here for the free
Versatile V-Stitch Cowl to Wrap Crochet Pattern

17 Responses to V-Stitch Wristwarmer Crochet Pattern

1. Lori Bennett Kramer November 26, 2014 at 5:38 pm #

Yay! Almost done with the cowl, now I can make the wristwarmers, too! Thanks so much for the lovely free patterns! Making them for my sister’s birthday. 🙂

• Kara November 27, 2014 at 9:03 pm #

My pleasure! So glad you like them 🙂

2. Lori November 28, 2014 at 8:13 pm #

This pattern looks fabulous! I do not have the superfine Alpaca yarn though, would you happen to have an idea for a substitute yarn option??

• Kara November 30, 2014 at 10:29 pm #

Any DK weight yarn should work.

3. Kathryn November 30, 2014 at 1:27 am #

Just made one of the wrist warmers and the pattern was so easy and looks great. I used a size I/9 hook and didn’t do one of the repeats. I only have 3 sets of V stitches since I used a larger hook. I also put in a thumb hole and finished them off with a row of crab stitch. I’m making the set for a Christmas present and I’m hoping the recipient will be very surprised.

• Kara November 30, 2014 at 10:28 pm #

Sounds pretty!

4. Kathryn November 30, 2014 at 1:29 am #

Oh and I plan on making the cowl to match! Thanks for sharing the pattern with us!

• Kara November 30, 2014 at 10:28 pm #

Hope you like it!

5. Amy December 10, 2014 at 4:17 pm #

Kara, these are beautiful! Any idea how much yarn you used? I have a small hank (no length noted, just 45g) of really special yarn that I thought might be great for these wristwarmers but have no clue if my little hank (’tis tiny) will cut it.

Thanks for sharing your pattern!!!

Amy

6. Bev December 20, 2014 at 12:04 pm #

I am definitely making this and the matching cowl. Thank you so much for such a lovely pattern.

• Kara December 30, 2014 at 12:19 am #

My pleasure, Bev! So glad you like them 🙂

7. Lisa Graham December 30, 2014 at 8:44 am #

Love your V-Stitch patterns! I made your V-Stitch Cowl to Wrap for a friend for Christmas and she loved it! Was going to make her the Wristwarmers also but she preferred a headband ear warmer… so I improvised your Wristwarmer pattern and it came out great, too.

8. Sharon January 17, 2015 at 3:05 pm #

Does your thumb go through a V stitch?

• Kara January 18, 2015 at 9:25 pm #

Hi Sharon 🙂 Are you asking if the space in the V stitch is large enough to fit your thumb? If so, yes,I could get mine through

1. Versatile V-Stitch Cowl to Wrap Crochet Pattern - Petals to Picots - June 8, 2015

[…] Today’s pattern is for a super versatile piece … goes from cowl to wrap with just a little tug over the shoulders. It looks just as awesome with a pair of jeans as it does for a night on the town. I hope you’ll give this Versatile V-Stitch Cowl to Wrap Crochet Pattern a try … and don’t be intimidated by the length of the instructions; it’s all basically the same repeated 7 rows with some increases thrown in. You can find the pattern for the matching wristwarmers here. […]

2. Sigtuna Julmarknad! | Stitches and Supper - December 5, 2015

[…] Handledsvärmare: V-stitch Wrist Warmers by Petals to Picot, gratis mönster, free pattern […]

3. #FlashbackFriday Crochet Link Blast 29: One-Color Infinity Scarves | Underground Crafter - June 3, 2016

[…] pattern by @petalstopicots: This cozy cowl transforms into a wrap. Both this pattern and the matching set of wristwarmers are made with just one jumbo skein of Galler Yarns Prime […]