Crochet Flower Paper Clips

flower crochet  paper clips

I love using pretty things, especially when it comes to the simple everyday kind of things. I had so much fun brightening up my office space with my mason jar cozy pencil holders and my crochet flower push pins for my corkboard, that I thought I would keep going. I found some paperclips with a flat pad and thought they would be perfect for adding a little embellishment to. And these crochet flowers are just the thing!

Crochet Flower Paper Clips

• paper clips with the flat pad
  • Size 10 crochet thread
  • 2 mm steel hook
  • Sewing needle
  • Glue gun

Click here to reference the Crochet Abbreviations Chart.

Ch 6, join with Sl st in furthest ch from hook to form a ring.

Round 1: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work 16 scs into ring, join in 1st sc of round — 16 scs.

Round 2: Ch 1 (does not count as st), beginning in same st as join, *work [1 sc, ch 3, 1 sc], skip next st, rep from * 7 more times, join in 1st sc of round — 8 ch-3 spaces.

Round 3: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work 5 scs in each ch-3 sp around, join in 1st sc of round — 40 sts.

Fasten off and weave in ends. Use a hot glue gun to add a dab of glue to the pad of the paperclip and stick flower on.

crochet flower paper clips

Interested in making this project? You can also help support my blog by purchasing through the affiliate links below …

26 Responses to Crochet Flower Paper Clips

1. Linda Powell March 14, 2014 at 6:59 am #

We could all do with brightening up the spaces we use everyday and these little flowers would brighten up anyone’s day. Thanks for sharing Kara x

2. Sangeetha March 14, 2014 at 7:51 am #

Lovely idea. Do you have a pic of the clips before the flower is attached? Just to get an idea of the flat pad. Thanks.
    Love

• Amanda March 14, 2014 at 10:24 am #

I’m guessing something like this. http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/203014/ie-Fashion-Paper-Clips-2-Pattern/ but I correct me if I’m wrong!

• Kara March 14, 2014 at 12:40 pm #

These are so pretty as they are that I would hate to cover them. I got plain ones from Pick Your Plum when they had them. I saw some similar ones on Amazon and included them in the post. Hope that helps 🙂

• Sangeetha March 15, 2014 at 2:26 pm #

Thank you, Amanda and Kara. 🙂

• Andrea March 17, 2014 at 12:29 pm #

Yes I do believe I will be making these, too! I was just thinking I needed something to mark my place in my school planner. I am always flipping through several pages to find out what my boy’s lessons are for the day. This would solve all of that!

Keep up the great work!

Andrea

3. Melissa March 17, 2014 at 2:29 pm #

I decided to do this project as teacher appreciation gifts for my son’s female teachers. I bought some paperclip book marks, but the paperclips in your pictures look smaller. So you know the size of the paper clips you used… were they regular sized, or larger? Thanks for your help!

• Kara March 18, 2014 at 9:39 am #

Mine were the larger size 🙂

4. onel March 18, 2014 at 5:06 am #

What a sweet idea! I don’t know how to crochet but I spotted a ready-made crochet flower in a shop the other day, I can just attach it to the paper clip! Thanks for the idea!!

• Kara March 18, 2014 at 9:37 am #

What a great idea!! Glad it inspired you 🙂

5. Elayne July 19, 2014 at 3:03 pm #

What is a flat pad paper clip? I have the regular jumbo ones. Will that wortk?

6. Kati August 11, 2014 at 9:48 am #

Hey! Love this idea! Could I use 4 ply yarn, but pull it apart to make it thinner like yarn thread?

• Kara August 12, 2014 at 9:45 pm #

Sure, I don’t see why not, Kati … it should work 🙂

7. Patrice August 11, 2014 at 10:34 pm #

Hi,
    I love these! We have a craft fair coming up and I think they would be a perfect quick and easy project. Thanks for all of your wonderful inspirations. I’m so happy to see your email in my inbox, I just know there’s going to be something fun to make or pretty to wear or both:-)

• Kara August 12, 2014 at 9:44 pm #

What a sweet comment, Patrice! Thank you for that. And I am so happy you like receiving them 🙂

8. Sheri Goad October 29, 2014 at 5:14 pm #

I just ordered 100 of the clips from United Crafters for $30. Thanks for such a fun project. I needed a quick project for the craft show!

9. Marilyn October 29, 2014 at 10:01 pm #

These are stunning and would be a great gift for teachers this holiday season!

10. Terri Sanders January 30, 2015 at 6:20 am #

What teacher would not love this collection? I am going to start making my end of the year gifts now! Thank you.

• Kara February 1, 2015 at 9:08 pm #

So glad you like them!

11. Jen Kahler May 12, 2016 at 12:21 pm #

So, I’m wondering if you couldn’t just do a couple of the stitches right onto a large paper clip as you make the flower. Seems like that would ultimately hold longer than hot glue?

• Kara May 13, 2016 at 10:43 am #

I don’t see why not … sounds like a great idea to me!

1. Baa-Baa-raa and a Leibster nomination « It'll Be Reet - March 16, 2014

[…] with the help of the wonderful Kara of Petals to Picots  they have now been put to good use. But what colour to […]

2. 10 Last Minute Teacher Appreciation Crochet Gift Ideas - April 26, 2014

[…] Flower Paperclip Bookmarks by Petals to Picots. Many teachers are readers. Help them mark their pages in style with this crocheted bookmark. […]

3. 40 crochet flowers and what to do with them - Mollie Makes - July 3, 2015

[…] By petalstopicots.com […]

4. Pinteresting projects for back to school • LoveCrochet Blog - August 30, 2015

[…] run of the mill, store bought office supplies. Perk up your space with these adorable clips from Petals and Picots and cheer […]

5. Too Cool for School Round Up | Jessie At Home - September 9, 2015

[…] Flower Paper Clips ~ by Petals to Picots These pretty little paperclips are great for students and […]