Beaded Crochet Wire Earrings

Wire earrings    Wire earrings

Of course when my daughters saw my medallion beaded earrings they wanted a pair of their own. I should know by now that I should just make three of everything. Luckily, I love doing this!For them I envisioned a pair that was smaller and daintier. I basically followed the same pattern as for mine, except I only worked the first round. I think they came out perfect!

Small Beaded Crochet Wire Earrings

• 30 gauge Nickel Silver wire
  • D hook
  • 16 – size 6/0 seed beads
  • a pair of ear wires
  • 2 crimp beads

Special Stitches:

Beaded Single Crochet (bsc): Insert hook into specified stitch and draw up a loop, move bead up the wire to rest next to hook, yarn over and pull through 2 loops on hook.

(Make 2)

Thread 24 beads onto your wire.

Ch 2.

Round 1: Ch1 (does not count as stitch), work 8 bscs in 2nd ch from hook, join — 8 sts.

Fasten off leaving a tail of approx. 6 inches.

Add a crimp bead to the tail. Weave tail through the ear wire and back through the crimp bead. Flatten crimp bead to secure tail. Cut tail right after crimp bead.

If you need supplies for this project, you can also help support my blog by shopping through these affiliate links …

10 Responses to Beaded Crochet Wire Earrings

1. Elisabeth Andree August 9, 2013 at 5:34 am #

Very nice earrings Kara! Thanks for sharing your tutorial.

2. Christine August 9, 2013 at 2:24 pm #

These are too cute. I think I might have the supplies to do this. I’ve never tried to crochet with wire before. I might have to give it a try!

3. Linda August 31, 2013 at 8:06 am #

I love these earrings, but I am having a very hard time with this pattern.
    I’m not getting that nice empty center in the middle.
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated !
    Thanks ahead of time.

• Kara September 1, 2013 at 12:00 pm #

The only think I can think is to try to make your beginning chain a little looser to give yourself more room to work the first round into. Hope that helps :)

4. Sarah March 24, 2014 at 4:21 pm #

Hey,
    I love these earrings :) I am havin difficulty understanding the pattern although I’m sure its very simple. Could you please explain me

• Kara March 24, 2014 at 5:57 pm #

Which part are you having trouble with, Sarah?

5. Chylon Brigham September 6, 2014 at 11:58 pm #

Thank you for posting. I love these earrings. I am having trouble getting mine to look as symmetrical as yours are, but I will keep practicing.

• Kara September 8, 2014 at 10:27 am #

Working with the wire can be tricky … but definitely keep practicing :)

1. Crocheted Wire Jewelry Inspiration - August 20, 2013

[...] from top left: dainty beaded earrings, beaded medallion earrings, teardrop earrings, dainty beaded earrings, trendy [...]

2. 25 DIY Earring Tutorials. - Do Small Things with Love - November 14, 2013