Textured Crochet Dishcloth Pattern

Textured Crochet Dishcloth Pattern

Our month of kitchen patterns continues with this pretty textured crochet dishcloth pattern. It’s amazing what a rich and complex design can be achieve with only two basic crochet stitches. Perfect for beginners … if you know how to work a single crochet and a double crochet, you are all set!

Click here to see all the patterns from our kitchen series.

Textured Crochet Stitch

Textured Crochet Dishcloth Pattern

• worsted weight cotton yarn
  • H hook
  • tapestry needle, scissors

Finished washcloth measures approximately 8 inches square.

Ch 26.

Row 1: Work [1 sc, 2 dc] in 2nd ch from hook, skip next 2 ch, *work [1 sc, 2 dc] in next, skip next 2 ch, rep from * across until last 3 ch, skip next 2 ch, 1 sc in last ch, turn — 25 sts.

Row 2: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work [1 sc, 2 dc] in first st, skip next 2 sts, *work [1 sc, 2 dc] in next, skip next 2 sts, rep from * across until last 3 sts, skip next 2 sts, 1 sc in last st, turn — 25 sts.

Rows 3 – 18: Rep Row 2.

Row 19: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work 1 sc in each st across, do not turn or fasten off — 25 sts.

Edging

Round 1: Work 2 sc in same st as last sc of Row 19, continue working a sc edge around washcloth along next 3 sides, working 3 sc in each corner. Join in 1st sc of Row 19.

Round 2: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work a sc edge around, working 3 sc in each corner, join.

Fasten off, weave in ends.

Textured Crochet Dishcloth Patterns

From left to right: Textured Dishcloth (in this post), Seeing Squares Dishcloth, Crunchy Stitch Dishcloth, and Three Color Simple Stitch Dishcloth.

Click here to see all the patterns from our kitchen series.

Interested in making this project? You can also help support my blog by purchasing through the affiliate links below …

, ,

35 Responses to Textured Crochet Dishcloth Pattern

1. Preeti July 16, 2013 at 4:11 am #

Nice pattern !! thanks for sharing ! :) If I replace sc with dc and dc with tr, will this work the same way? I usually work with a thinner yarn.

• Kara July 16, 2013 at 5:12 pm #

I think that might make the dishcloth too lacy, but it may work. Perhaps doubling up the strands of yarn would work better :)

2. anna July 16, 2013 at 6:18 am #

Hi Kara !
    The pattern is beautiful !
    But for those who speaks other language, it’s a little more complicate to follow the explanation…graphics are understandable for everybody !
    But I will try your pattern…
    Have a great day !
    Hug
    Anna

• Kara July 16, 2013 at 5:10 pm #

I know, Anna, I am sorry about that :( So far I haven’t had much luck finding programs that easily allow me to make stitch diagrams. Do you know of any? I would love to start including them with my patterns.

3. Debi Y. July 16, 2013 at 8:50 am #

Hi Kara. This is a very nice dishcloth. Once again – thanks for sharing your pattern with us. :)

• Kara July 16, 2013 at 5:09 pm #

Glad you like it, Debi!

4. Lori Kay July 16, 2013 at 3:05 pm #

I love this pattern! It worked up quick and the texture is perfect.
    Thanks for sharing.

• Kara July 16, 2013 at 5:08 pm #

I’m so glad to hear that, Lori!

5. Alexis @ Persia Lou July 16, 2013 at 10:26 pm #

It’s beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

• Kara July 17, 2013 at 4:11 pm #

My pleasure, Alexis! Hope you enjoy it :)

6. Bryan July 22, 2013 at 3:05 pm #

I want to thank you for the nice patterns. I do not crochet near as what I used to. The reason I made these is that your finished projects always look so professional. Believe me, that is important. Any way, you started me up again. I thank you.

7. Heidi July 30, 2013 at 7:00 pm #

Hi Kara,
    I am hoping to enlarge this and make it into a prop blanket for a photog friend. Thanks for the great “textured” pattern. Textured was the one thing that she said that she wanted!

8. Norma July 31, 2013 at 2:54 pm #

Hi,

This looks like a great pattern. I will be using it in the couple of weeks.
    Thank you for sharing it.

9. Norma July 31, 2013 at 2:59 pm #

Hi,

I am the person behind dishandwashclothmania.com and would like your permission to add links to your patterns onto my site. I am very strict about obeying copyright laws and only add links, not patterns. Thank you for considering my request.

I did attempt to read your Terms of Use but received an error message.

• Kara July 31, 2013 at 10:46 pm #

Yes, you absolutely may. I am honored to be included!

10. Sara - My Merry Messy Life August 5, 2013 at 10:34 pm #

Love this Kara! I’ve been following your dishcloth posts this summer and they are ALL good. I love the colors you chose. Thanks for sharing at Hookin On Hump Day!

11. Minerva January 3, 2014 at 8:00 pm #

Thank you for sharing your free patterns, they are all beautiful. Your hard work and talent is greatly appreciated.

12. Anna January 14, 2014 at 2:09 pm #

I love this pattern! I’ve used it on a couple dish cloths for me and another for my sister!! Thank you

• Kara January 14, 2014 at 10:22 pm #

So happy to hear you enjoy it :)

13. Cathy February 20, 2014 at 7:43 pm #

I am in love with these patterns. What brand of yarn and colors did you use in the pictures?

• Kara February 20, 2014 at 10:10 pm #

So glad you like them Cathy! The yarn I used for those pictured was a cotton yarn from Knit Picks but they no longer carry it. They have one now called Dishie but I have not used it so can’t really tell you how it is. Sorry :(

14. Jen March 1, 2014 at 3:51 pm #

I love this pattern; I am having a hard time b/c I am new but when adding the border on the sides; I’m not sure where to make the sc’s (not the top and bottom). I can see where the sc goes on the top and bottom but I have no clue on the sides where to add the sc’s. Thank you :)

• Kara March 4, 2014 at 9:53 am #

Hi Jen :) When working the edging on the sides, work 1 sc per row. Hope that helps!

15. Anita March 3, 2014 at 8:21 pm #

I, too, am a beginner crocheter. I’ve been getting along fine with projects including a large afghan and a round lapghan. With this project, which I’m making 12 of for an upcoming bridal shower (gifts), I have trouble knowing where to place the border stitches on the side. Seems no matter how I try (I’ve made 4) each one ends up a little lopsided looking. Can you tell me, after making the first corner on the first border round, how many stitches for each side between corner stitches? And the same for the second round. Would be a great help to me.

• Kara March 4, 2014 at 9:56 am #

Hi Anita :) You would work 1 sc per row up the sides. Hope that helps!

16. Amy March 3, 2014 at 10:25 pm #

I too am a beginner and am still in the learning process of reading patterns. It seemed easy while reading it until I started it. I was on my 6th row until I noticed that it was lopsided. I either had too many stitches on one end or not enough. I have pulled it apart to crochet back together 3 times and still can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. I would love for you make a tutorial possibly in the future. I’m more of a visual learner then read and figure out what I’m doing. Placement of the hook and where stitches are to go is my biggest issue. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Your work is beautiful btw.

17. Teshae April 19, 2014 at 3:38 pm #

Thank you so much, it was very kind of you to share these as free patterns! I just finished my first one and it came out great! Love the texture this stitch pattern gives.. will definitely be making more.

• Kara April 19, 2014 at 4:46 pm #

So glad you like them! It’s my pleasure :)

18. Donna April 21, 2014 at 2:38 pm #

Oh this is perfect! I am making a “Kitchen set” for my friend for her birthday in bright summery colors-I have the towel topper, pot holders, larger towels to dry glasses and a sachet for potpourri. I have been looking for a more textured dishcloth and I really like the looks of this! Thank you so much!

• Kara April 25, 2014 at 7:00 pm #

What a great gift idea! You are a good friend :)

1. And another one | The Little Room of Rachell - September 10, 2013

[…] used the same patten as for my last – the pink aran cotton cloth which can be found here. Basically it’s chain an even number of stitches, 1 dc and 2 tr into the 3rd ch. *skip 2 ch […]

2. Crafty Swaps! | monkey mai - November 28, 2013

[…] dishcloth was made using the Granny Square dishcloth pattern, and for the last dishcloth I used the Textured Crochet Dishcloth pattern by Petals to […]

3. Crunchy Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern | Petals to PicotsPetals to Picots - March 10, 2014

[…] front to back: Textured Dishcloth, Three Color Simple Stitch Dishcloth, Crunchy Stitch Dishcloth (this post), and Seeing Squares […]

4. Three Color Simple Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern | Petals to PicotsPetals to Picots - March 10, 2014

[…] left to right: Textured Dishcloth, Seeing Squares Dishcloth, Crunchy Stitch Dishcloth, and Three Color Simple Stitch Dishcloth (this […]

5. Tunisian Crochet Kitchen Mat Pattern | Petals to PicotsPetals to Picots - July 14, 2014

[…] left to right: Textured Dishcloth, Seeing Squares Dishcloth, Crunchy Stitch Dishcloth, and Three Color Simple Stitch […]