Crochet Flower Bracelet

Crochet Flower Bracelet | www.petalstopicots.com | #crochet #flower #bracelet #jewelry #pattern

I wanted to make a special little gift for a special little girl. So what do little girls like … hmmm … pink, flowers, jewelry … yes!

I really hope she likes it!

Crochet Flower Bracelet

• Size 10 crochet thread
  • 2 mm steel hook
  • Sewing needle
  • Jewelry closure

Add this pattern to your Ravelry library.

Since my bracelet is for a little girl, I only made 5 motifs. Make the number you would need to fit around the wrist of your intended wearer.

Here is the pattern to work the flowers, but see below for different joining options before you get started.

Ch 6, join with Sl st in furthest ch from hook to form a ring.

Round 1: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work 16 scs into ring, join in 1st sc of round — 16 scs.

Round 2: Ch 1 (does not count as st), beginning in same st as join, *work [1 sc, ch 3, 1 sc], skip next st, rep from * 7 more times, join in 1st sc of round — 8 ch-3 spaces.

Round 3: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work 5 scs in each ch-3 sp around, join in 1st sc of round — 40 sts.

Fasten off.

Joining

To join the flowers into a bracelet, you can simply make all your motifs and then sew them together with a needle and thread or you can use the join as you go method (JAYGO).

To use the JAYGO method, complete your first flower as indicated above. But for your second flower and each after that, repeat Rounds 1 and 2 as above but work Round 3 as follows:

Round 3: Ch 1 (does not count as st), *work 5 scs in next ch-3 sp, repeat from * 5 more times,  **in next ch-3 sp [work 2 scs, drop loop from hook and insert into 3rd st of petal on the flower you want to join it to and pull through the loop, continue working 3 sc in same ch-3 sp], repeat from **   for final petal, join in 1st sc of round — 40 sts.

Fasten off.

Using a sewing needle and your thread, sew bracelet closures to each side of your bracelet. Weave in all ends securely.

48 Responses to Crochet Flower Bracelet

1. Stephanie July 10, 2013 at 9:30 am #

Simply adorable! Thanks for sharing with us 🙂

Hugs!

• Kara July 10, 2013 at 10:42 pm #

My pleasure, Stephanie!

2. Kat July 10, 2013 at 12:30 pm #

Hi, I’m a crochet newbie. Would you mind translating how to do the following: work 5 scs in each ch-3 sp around.
    (In my brain I see this as work 5 scs in every 3 ch sp. I’m sure I’m wrong)
    Thank you!

• Kara July 10, 2013 at 10:41 pm #

Hi Kat 🙂 I will try to clarify. Ch-3 sp refers to the space created from making 3 chains in the previous round. So, you would work 5 single crochets in that space. Make sense?

• Dana June 24, 2014 at 6:04 pm #

The way this works in crochet, is you take that ch-3 chain from the previous round, and you work 5 scs into that chain. When I do something like that, I work the scs (or whatever stitch) by sort of wrapping them around the chain. Instead of sticking the hook into the chains themselves, I catch the working thread under the chain. Make sense? It totally hides the chain and creates an interesting look.

3. Evelyn @ My Turn for us July 10, 2013 at 1:10 pm #

What a sweet bracelet!! Pinned!

• Kara July 10, 2013 at 10:15 pm #

Thanks so much 🙂

4. Marilyn July 10, 2013 at 1:52 pm #

Kara this bracelet is so elegant! I love how your center flower shares the colors of your other flowers!

• Kara July 10, 2013 at 10:14 pm #

Thanks so much, Marilyn!

5. Strings End Needleworks July 10, 2013 at 8:15 pm #

This was adorable and I immediately grabbed my thread! I made one and your pattern reads beautifully! Thanks for sharing! May I post your picture of the bracelet along with mine on my Facebook page with a link to your site and the pattern?

• Kara July 10, 2013 at 9:52 pm #

Yay! So glad you like it!! Yes, you may absolutely use the picture. Let me know when your post is up and I’ll be sure to share it on my Facebook page 🙂

• Strings End Needleworks July 11, 2013 at 12:16 am #

I am still learning about how to do the Facebook posting, but I did get the picture posted of my bracelet and placed a nice reference to your page. Thanks much! I enjoy your site and study it constantly to try to learn more about sharing about our craft. I hope to bring people together in my area who love to needlecraft and build a community of sharing. Someday I’ll be brave enough for a blog, for now the Facebook page is my first step. Best wishes!

6. Marilyn July 11, 2013 at 12:17 pm #

Kara, this is sssssoooo gorgeous. I’m going to show it to my daughter when she gets home….I think she’d love a bracelet like this!

• Kara July 12, 2013 at 10:58 pm #

I hope she likes it!

7. anna July 11, 2013 at 6:45 pm #

thank you for sharing. i love it. i already pint it.

• Kara July 12, 2013 at 10:56 pm #

Hope you enjoy it!

8. Marta July 17, 2013 at 1:27 pm #

Thanks for the pattern, very cute. I tried twice but ended up with 6 petals instead of 8. I don´t see how I can repeat 7 times on to the initial 16 stitches, since every repetition hold 3 stitches ( I understand that from *work [1 sc, ch 3, 1 sc], skip next st, rep from * 7 more times). Then if I ‘use’ 3 stitches 7 times I would need 21 initial stitches…OMG, I hope this makes sense…the thing is, I always end up with a hexagon instead of a flower..

thank you!

• Kara July 17, 2013 at 4:10 pm #

Hi Marta 🙂 Let me try to help … Stitches within brackets indicate a group of stitches that need to be worked in one place. So, [1 sc, ch 3, 1 sc] is all worked in 1 st, then the next is skipped. You do this a total of 8 times and it should cover the 16 sts from the previous round. Make sense?

9. Marta July 17, 2013 at 4:31 pm #

Thanks Kara for the reply! It does make sense! I just liked your facebook page, I will post a picture when done. Thanks again.

• Kara July 17, 2013 at 10:15 pm #

Yay! I love seeing finished pics 🙂

10. Gina July 23, 2013 at 11:36 pm #

How much thread does it take to make one bracelet for a child and an adult? I need to make two children and one adult so I need to know how much to purchase..

• Kara July 24, 2013 at 11:26 pm #

The little balls I used are only 45 meters a piece and I barely made a dent in them. I don’t have an exact yardage amount but it wasn’t much at all. Hope that helps 🙂

11. Lissa goldsmith July 30, 2013 at 9:06 am #

The bracelet is adorable. What weight is the thread. I know they are listed by number. No,10 . No 3, etc. is it a thick or thin thread? Thanks

• Kara July 30, 2013 at 10:55 am #

It is a number 10 weight thread. Hope that helps 🙂

12. Adrianne August 9, 2013 at 8:47 pm #

I wanted to say again how adorable this is!! 😀

• Kara August 9, 2013 at 9:28 pm #

I’m so glad you think so!

13. Mary Smith September 3, 2013 at 9:48 am #

Hi, I love this bracelet! I am planning on opening an etsy shop. Do you mind if I sell the finished product? If i so, am I supposed to link back to you? I’m new to selling and I didn’t see what your preference was.

• Kara September 3, 2013 at 11:23 am #

You may absolutely sell your finished bracelets from the pattern. I would love if you could credit my site with the pattern (www.petalstopicots.com). And if you send me the link to your listing, I would be happy to promote it on my Facebook page as well. I wish you much success!!

14. Carole February 11, 2014 at 11:40 am #

I love this. I wish I could crochet better.

15. Aditi May 4, 2014 at 7:09 pm #

Hi! 🙂 I am trying to make this pattern. After I follow the first step i.e. doing 16 single crochet into a ring, I am having trouble in visually identifying all the 16 stitches in order to do the next step i.e [the sc, chain 3, sc] in alternate stitch. Since the central hole is small, won’t the 16 stitches overlap on each other? Please advise 🙂 Thanks!

• Kara May 6, 2014 at 9:36 pm #

Hi Aditi 🙂 The stitches may be close together but they shouldn’t overlap each other. If it helps, perhaps place a stitch marker to help identify the stitched you need to work in. Hope that helps.

• aditi May 7, 2014 at 1:21 am #

Hi Kara! Thanks for your response. I tried by placing a marker. I reach that marker after doing 12 stitches. The remaining 4 stitches are on the top of the first four.
        I will really appreciate if you can please post a video tutorial of this pattern. I really love this pattern and I am trying hard to make it 🙂

16. Aditi May 4, 2014 at 7:41 pm #

Is it possible for you to post a video tutorial? Thanks 🙂

17. Maggie June 25, 2014 at 5:46 am #

Thread crochet has always intimidated me. Then I saw this. I wanted to try making one to see if I could do it….besides what great surprise gifts for friends if I could. I have already made and joined two motifs (I hate joining things and have never done join as you go) with the join as you go method and I love, love, love how easy this is!! I can’t wait to get more thread in more colors than just the beige I had on hand! I am going to make a ton of these and keep them in my bag to have something to work on in short spare moments of time that is otherwise wasted when I’m running errands. Thank you so much for the free pattern and (for me) easy to follow instructions. If I do make some for my Etsy shop I will make sure to credit this site. You fantabulous!

18. Erzsebet from Your Crochet World June 25, 2014 at 8:33 am #

I love this bracelet pattern -so live and perfect for a girl. Def. going to make it!

19. Amy March 12, 2015 at 10:02 pm #

If you do the JAYGO, after you finish the first petal do you just Ch 6, join with Sl st in furthest ch from hook to form a ring and then do round 1 and 2? I am a little confused on the joining, thank you!

20. Hip met Haken by Saskia April 26, 2015 at 3:32 pm #

Hi Kara, I love your bracelet. And it’s so nice you can make it very quick.

It inspired me to make an orange bracelet, for Kingsday here in The Netherlands. I’ve also added your link to my blogpost (http://hipmethaken.blogspot.nl/2015/04/armband.html).

• Kara April 27, 2015 at 10:37 am #

Yay! It came out great!! Thanks for sharing 🙂

21. Linda May 26, 2015 at 11:37 pm #

Hi Kara,
    How does it go on? Does it stretch a little or do you use some kind of closure such as a loop and ball, etc.?

22. De October 5, 2015 at 12:51 am #

Hello! This is an adorable Pattern! I love it and look forward to making it for some special little ladies in my life! Would you mind if I made some to sell at vendor events? I would add a tag saying who wrote the pattern with this URL.

• Kara October 9, 2015 at 9:33 am #

Hi De 🙂 You are most welcome to sell any of the bracelets you make … good luck!

23. Abbygail December 7, 2015 at 6:24 am #

I am loving this pattern! However, I find the JAYGO method a little confusing. How do you make the second petal? As in, do you chain 6 and then continue as usual?

24. Britnee April 28, 2016 at 1:16 am #

Thank you for posting this pattern. Once I got the hang of it, it became much easier. My JAYGO could use some improvement but that’s why I’ll be making these as gifts for sure. To see how mine turned out please visit my blog https://turtleburgercrochet.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/mothers-day-part-1/

1. ELK Studio's Saturday Crochet Show Week #12 - August 9, 2014

[…] I first saw this beautiful crochet flower bracelet from Petals to Picots, I automatically thought it would be a great baby shower gift or even done in the right colors it […]

2. Braccialetti trendy fai da te per estate - June 17, 2015

[…] utilizzando il colore che più vi piace. Per chi avesse bisogno di qualche informazione in più, qui potreste trovare delle indicazioni […]

3. #FlashbackFriday Crochet Link Blast: Week 17: Jewelry | Underground Crafter - August 14, 2015

[…] Crochet Flower Bracelet (photo 7), free crochet pattern by @petalstopicots: This lovely bracelet is crocheted with size 10 crochet cotton thread. […]

4. TOP 10 Free Patterns for Stylish Knitted & Crocheted Accessories - October 25, 2015

[…] via petalstopicots.com […]

5. [Free Patterns] 5 Gorgeous Crochet Gifts To Show Your Gratitude For A Special Teacher - Knit And Crochet Daily - February 14, 2016

[…] 2. Crochet Flower Bracelet from Petals To Picots […]