Join in the Lion Brand Little Boy Blue Blanket Crochet Along!

373 Flares Google+ 24 StumbleUpon 0 Pin It Share 303 Facebook 45 Twitter 1 373 Flares ×

lion brand cal

Are you ready for another crochet along!

We had so much fun with our Nesting Dolls CAL that I thought it would be great to try this blanket. And it is perfectly timed for you to finish in time for the holidays (think gift idea!). The Little Boy Blue Blanket is full of fun stitch work and color opportunities and was designed to especially compliment Lion Brand’s Heartland Yarn Collection (I’ve used it and it’s awesome … so extremely soft and the colors are beautiful!).

Here is how we’ll work it … The blanket crochet along will officially kick off on September 30th and run through until early December. New parts will be posted every 2-weeks so you should have plenty of time to work up each section. I have started a Ravelry group so we can share our progress and help each other out with any questions we may have or you can also feel free to post up your pictures on my Facebook page.

Crochet along

Little Boy Blue Blanket

SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate

SIZE: One Size, About 34 x 40 in. (86.5 x 101.5 cm)

Here’s what you will need:

• A total of 8 skeins worsted weight yarn (251 yd/230 m each). Colors shown in photo above are Lion Brand’s Heartland Yarn in Olympic, Yellowstone, Acadia (2 skeins), Glacier Bay (2 skeins), Everglades, and Shenandoah. You can even order the yarn directly through Lion Brand here.
  • Size K-10.5 (6.5 mm)
  • Large-Eye Blunt Needles

Let’s Get Started →

The Little Boy Blue Blanket (Pattern Number: L20643) was designed especially to compliment Lion Brand’s Heartland Yarn Collection. Crochet along approved and pattern reprinted with permission from Lion Brand Yarn Company.

27 Responses to Join in the Lion Brand Little Boy Blue Blanket Crochet Along!

1. Carrie P. September 23, 2013 at 6:51 pm #

I am a beginner crocheter but I might give this a try if I can decipher the directions.
    Carrie P. recently posted…Staying BusyMy Profile

• Kara September 24, 2013 at 9:14 pm #

I would definitely give it a try :)

2. Betty Thornton September 23, 2013 at 10:04 pm #

Beautiful i would like the pattern

3. Lisa September 24, 2013 at 5:35 pm #

Hallo,

I want to join in and I can’t wait to start. But first i must order some new yarn. I think I can’t order the Lion Brand yarn in germany so I will use another yarn. Is that a problem?

Lisa

• Kara September 24, 2013 at 9:11 pm #

That is not a problem at all! You are welcome to join in and use any brand of yarn you have :)

4. Deb G. September 25, 2013 at 9:19 pm #

I can’t seem to find the pattern. Can you help me? Thanks!

• Kara September 25, 2013 at 9:22 pm #

Hi Deb :) The first part of the pattern will be up on Monday.

5. Jean V September 25, 2013 at 9:29 pm #

How will I get the pattern? On facebook?

• Kara September 25, 2013 at 9:34 pm #

The patterns will be posted here on my website every other Monday, starting this next one. I will also give a shout out on Facebook to let everyone know when they are up.

• Karen Smith September 25, 2013 at 10:53 pm #

I cannot get on the site Kara it goes to Gravatar or something like that. PLEASE I would love to make this afghan

6. Jennifer September 25, 2013 at 9:31 pm #

I am going shopping this weekend and picking up the yarn. I need a stress reliever and haven’t crocheted in a while.

• Kara September 25, 2013 at 9:33 pm #

Crochet is always the perfect stress reliever for me! So is yarn shopping :)

7. Marjorie September 25, 2013 at 9:42 pm #

here’s the pattern: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L20643.html?noImages=

8. Karen Smith September 25, 2013 at 10:44 pm #

I would love the pattern for the little boy blue afghan how do I get it?????? I have submitted my email several times , but only gotten anything from you a couple of times. I would love to make this afghan and would love the pattern

• Kara September 25, 2013 at 10:51 pm #

Hi Karen :) We are going to be working through this pattern together as part of a crochet along. I will post the parts every other Monday so we can all work together. Be sure to check back Monday for the first part of the pattern. Thanks!

• Marjorie September 26, 2013 at 6:59 am #

9. Karen Smith September 25, 2013 at 11:00 pm #

I have to come back every other Monday to get the entire afghan pattern. It doesn’t look that hard, Why can’t I just purchase the pattern. I am not new to crochet, I just would like the pattern. Is there a way to just get the pattern?

10. Karen Smith September 25, 2013 at 11:03 pm #

Never mind. I will just try to create my own pattern, I have done in many times before, but the picture makes it harder to count the stitches. I am already busy on Monday’s .

11. Amanda September 26, 2013 at 2:31 am #

Oh how lovely, I will be crocheting along, come on Monday.

12. Sophie October 1, 2013 at 7:40 am #

Where do I find the pattern to crochet along with?

13. Rebecca October 2, 2013 at 1:27 am #

I’m so excited to get started on this afghan! This yarn and these colors are absolutely gorgeous!! I saw the pattern on Lion Brand’s website but there is a correction to it. Do your instructions reflect the corrections? Just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the CAL!

• Kara October 2, 2013 at 11:07 am #

So glad you’re joining us! Yes, the instructions here are up to date and correct :)

1. A Fun Crochet Along for you to Join at the Petals to Picots blog! | Lion Brand Notebook - September 29, 2013

[…] teamed up with Kara at the Petals to Picots blog to bring you a new crochet along with one of our newest patterns, in one of of our newest yarns! […]