Free Printable Gift Tags for Your Handmade Gifts

Knit and Crochet Printable Gift Tags

Part of the fun of making handmade items is giving them as gifts. Why not make sure they can be enjoyed by your recipient for years to come by letting them know how to care for the item. I’ve made it easy for you to do just that with these free printable gift tags. Each sheet includes two tags each of the following instructions:

Machine wash cold. Tumble dry low.

Hand wash.  Lay flat to dry.

Machine wash cold. Lay flat to dry.

Click on the links below to download the printable gift tags in your choice of the following colors …

Printable Gift Tags

Care Tags – Blue

Care Tags – Green

Care Tags – Grayscale

Care Tags – Purple

Care Tags – Pink

May 2014 update — I had a reader request a new laundry care option … Machine Wash Warm. Tumble Dry Low.

printable gift tags

You can download the pdf for this new free printable gift tags option by clicking here. I formatted them in the same color schemes as the others … pink, purple, blue, green, and grayscale.

Enjoy!

Click here for more fun and free printables.

24 Responses to Free Printable Gift Tags for Your Handmade Gifts

1. Debi Y. August 1, 2013 at 8:44 am #

Thank you so much for offering these tags to us – I appreciate it. :)

2. Preeti August 1, 2013 at 12:31 pm #

Thanks for sharing, Kara!! That is so sweet of you for sharing these smart tags:) they look professional and trendy.

3. Amy August 1, 2013 at 1:49 pm #

Excellent! What a good idea. Thank you!

4. Judit Sogan August 1, 2013 at 2:52 pm #

Thanks so much. This is exactly what we all need! : )

5. Anabel Luna August 1, 2013 at 3:24 pm #

God bless you , you are awesome…..Thank you so much!….I just made the sock monkey beanie,you can pass by and see it if you have time.Thanks for everything you do and share with us.Thanks !

6. Joyce August 1, 2013 at 8:52 pm #

thanks very much !

7. Tristi August 1, 2013 at 11:21 pm #

Thank you! So nice of you!

8. Pudji Tursana August 1, 2013 at 11:35 pm #

Thank you for sharing the inspiring ideas.

9. crystal August 4, 2013 at 10:16 am #

Thank you so much. These tags will be perfect for labeling crocheted items. :-) pinning.

10. sheila September 4, 2013 at 7:35 am #

Kara, thanks so much for the gift tags. Care instructions are so very important when giving a gift of yarny goodness! I have my own care instruction tags that read: love me….use me…..wash me….mend me if need be! However, they only pertain to machine wash items. These will be great for my holiday knitting/crocheting gifts.

Best,
    Sheila

11. Connie November 21, 2013 at 5:01 pm #

I love the idea of using tags to identify your hand made wonders. This is something of use, I recently sent through US Mail for some labels, it has been 3-4 months, I hope I receive them soon. Thank You
    Connie

12. Patty December 6, 2013 at 9:59 am #

Thank you so much! They are adorable and perfect!!!

13. erin April 11, 2014 at 3:44 pm #

i am a little upset :( all i got were purple ovals and no words.

• Kara April 11, 2014 at 10:32 pm #

Oh no! I don’t know why … I just tried and it worked for me :(

14. Jessica May 15, 2014 at 3:12 pm #

These are wonderful! Would you mind making one that says: Machine Wash Warm, Tumble Dry Low? I use Red Heart SuperSaver yarn A LOT and those are the care instructions on their labels.

• Kara May 16, 2014 at 10:10 pm #

Sure, Jessica! I added the new care tag option for Machine Wash Warm, Tumble Dry Low in the post. Enjoy :)

15. Lyne May 21, 2014 at 9:13 am #

Is it possible to have your tags in french ?

”Fait à la main avec Amour”

16. Jessica June 9, 2014 at 3:31 pm #

Thank you so much for making the new tags. However, when I tried to print myself a copy of the PDF, they just came out as solid-colored ovals. Is it something I’m doing wrong, or have others had this problem?

17. sheena October 11, 2014 at 4:09 am #

Hello. I am curious do you just print the pages on regular paper? Wouldn’t that just fall of over time? Or is there some special type of paper to print it on?

• Kara October 11, 2014 at 9:41 am #

Hi Sheena :) I am not really sure what you mean?

18. Marie T Monzo October 19, 2014 at 3:50 pm #

Thank you so much this is wonderfulll thank you

1. New Option for Free Printable Gift Tags … Machine Wash Warm, Tumble Dry Low | Petals to PicotsPetals to Picots - May 21, 2014

[…] had a reader request a new laundry care option for my free printable gift tags. You guessed it … Machine Wash Warm. Tumble Dry […]

2. 45 Christmas Gift Wrap Ideas - One Tough Mother - June 18, 2014

[…] – Polymer Clay  |  5 – Toothpick Trees  |  6 – Ornament Frame  |  7 – Handmade Gift  |  8 – Stamped […]

3. 45 Christmas Gift Wrap Ideas - Sweet Tea & Saving Grace - June 20, 2014