Crochet Mason Jar Cozy Pattern

Crochet Mason Jar Cozy Pattern | www.petalstopicots.com | #crochet #masonjar #crafts #cozy #pattern

I have the winter blahs already and needed to add some fun and bright colors around me to keep me smiling, so I decided to crochet up some colorful accessories for my desk. And guess what … they did the trick! I just used up some scrap yarn I had lying around and used it to crochet some cozies for the mason jars I use to hold my pens and pencils. I think this can hold me over ’til Spring. And of course, I jotted down the crochet mason jar cozy pattern in case you wanted to make some too …

Crochet Mason Jar Cozy Pattern

Here’s what you will need:

• pint size mason jar
  • worsted weight yarn from your stash
  • H hook
  • tapestry needle

Striped Mason Jar Cozy

Note: Change colors after each round or as to achieve your desired look.

Ch 36 (or number needed to go around your jar).

Row 1: Work 1 sc in 2nd chain from hook and each ch across, turn — 35 sts.

Row 2: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work 1 sc in each ch across, turn — 35 sts.

Rows 3 through 17: Rep Row 2 through Row 17 or until piece is tall enough to cover the height of the jar.

Row 18: Ch 1, work 1 rev sc in each stitch back across row just worked — 35 sts.

Fasten off leaving a tail of about 10 in. Using a tapestry needle and the tail, sew pieces around mason jar. Weave in ends.

Flower Pattern

Make a magic ring.

Round 1: Ch 1, *work 1 sc in ring, ch 3, repeat from * 4 more times, join — 5 ch-3 loop petals.

Fasten off leaving a long enough tail to sew flower to mason jar cover.

Sampler Mason Jar Cozy

To make the sampler cover, I started with the same number of foundation chains as the striped cover pattern above and worked the first row the same as well. Then the fun begins …

Pull out your stitch dictionary and start picking some fun stitches to work up the rest. This is a great opportunity to learn some new stitches or practice some others that you are trying to perfect.

26 Responses to Crochet Mason Jar Cozy Pattern

1. Bobbie January 13, 2014 at 2:29 pm #

Good Day!

I’m new to your blog. I’ve been lurking for about 2-weeks now. I wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your blog and your lovely patterns.

I’ve already printed off a few patterns that I want to try. I’m self-taught and not experienced with reading patterns. I can, however, understand most yours!

Do you have a tutorial for crocheting in a circle? (or is it call round?) I just HAVE to try these jar cozies. My granddaughter would go crazy over these. My grandsons will too, but they are too “manly” (so they think) to make a big fuss over things. They are 8 and 9 years old. LOL

Thank you for creating, presenting and sharing such lovely patterns. I look forward to hearing from you about the circle tutorial.

Bobbie 🙂

• Kara January 14, 2014 at 11:25 am #

Hi Bobbie 🙂 I’m so glad you are enjoying my patterns and blog! I don’t have a tutorial for working in the round per se, but you should be able to do it just by following a pattern that is worked that way. I do have a tutorial for making a magic ring that may be a help though. It is under my Crochet Tutorials tab at the top of my page. Hope that helps!

• Roena Baggett July 22, 2014 at 4:35 pm #

My daughter saw the mason jars and said “please Mom I have to have that jar ,PLEASE, PLEASE!! Of course I told her -yes. As I too am a mason jar fan!!!

• Kara July 22, 2014 at 8:39 pm #

How fun! So glad you both like them 🙂

2. fariba January 14, 2014 at 6:19 am #

very cute ,Thank you for lovely pattern .

• Kara January 14, 2014 at 11:23 am #

My pleasure! Thank you for stopping by 🙂

3. Linda January 14, 2014 at 10:30 am #

How do you work a reverse single crochet? I know that sounds silly, but i honestly have no clue. Thanks 🙂

• Kara January 14, 2014 at 11:22 am #

Hi Linda 🙂 it is just a single crochet worked in the opposite direction as you usually work, although it can be a little awkward to do at first. Perhaps check to see I there is a how to video on YouTube.

4. Astri January 14, 2014 at 11:04 am #

Wonderful happy colors for a blah winter’s day! Just what I needed to see. Very cute Kara, thank you!

• Kara January 14, 2014 at 11:22 am #

Thank you, Astri!

5. Jessica-Jean January 14, 2014 at 2:52 pm #

Thank you for solving my dilemma over what to do with the wide-mouth jam jar whose ring-and-cap cover was finally too rusted to keep.

• Kara January 14, 2014 at 10:22 pm #

Lol! Glad to help 🙂

6. Stephanie B. January 15, 2014 at 10:10 am #

Love this so much,. thank you!!!

7. Melanie January 16, 2014 at 8:44 pm #

The color scheme in this project is lovely!

8. Marilyn January 28, 2014 at 7:13 am #

Wow, these are so fun! I love these springy colors here in the dead of winter! Well done, Kara!

9. Melanie February 5, 2014 at 6:28 pm #

I Love Your Blog!! You have a great talent for crochet design & thank you for sharing it. Can’t wait to make this jar cozy! I’m feeling the winter blahs myself & the bright “spring” colors on your cozies helped me remember spring is on its way (sooner or later, lol). It will make a good Easter gift for some of my coworkers. Thanks again for sharing & happy crocheting!!

10. Irene Mele May 10, 2014 at 9:46 am #

Hi:

I would like to know where the pattern is for the other mason jar crochet cozy in the picture? I like the one with all the different stitches. It is not there when I click on the pattern.

Thanks,

Irene
    New York

11. Elayne July 19, 2014 at 2:34 pm #

I am going to make these, but instead of the mason jars, I am going to use dishwasher cleaned empty dog food cans.

12. Elayne July 19, 2014 at 2:36 pm #

Instead of mason jars, I will use my dishwasher cleaned empty dog food cans.

13. Tish Morgan August 27, 2014 at 7:38 pm #

I enjoy the cozies you have posted, they’re very creative! I was wondering if you have come across or created a jar cozy pattern with chevrons?

1. Crochet Flower Paper Clips | Petals to PicotsPetals to Picots - March 14, 2014

[…] to the simple everyday kind of things. I had so much fun brightening up my office space with my mason jar cozy pencil holders and my crochet flower push pins for my corkboard, that I thought I would keep going. I found some […]

2. Free Pattern – Mason Jar Cozy – Crochet - February 16, 2015

[…] How amazing do the colors on these look? These mason jar cosies would be perfect for teacher gifts. I am sure even the gumpiest of grumpy teachers couldn’t help but smile with one of these on their desks. They are really pretty and easy to make. Check out the tutorial and free crochet pattern here. […]

3. Crochet Gifts for Teachers - May 4, 2015

[…] Mason Jar Cozies […]

4. How To Crochet Mason Jar Cozy Pattern - ilove-crochet - March 15, 2016

[…] Crochet Mason Jar Cozy Pattern (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); […]

5. Back To School In Style – 25 Gorgeous Pencil Holder Designs – Greensboro Baths - August 31, 2016

[…] some yarn, an H hook, a tapestry needle and a jar. You can find all the instructions and details on petalstopicots. The pattern for the little flower ornaments can also be found […]

6. 20 Ways To Organize Your Home with Mason Jars - October 20, 2016