If you are interested in taking an online class, you can also help support my blog by purchasing through the affiliate link included in this post. You can read my full Disclosure Statement here.
Did you know that Craftsy has free mini classes?
Yep! Pretty cool, huh? And a great way to get a glimpse of what the paid classes would be like and also to get to know Craftsy better. The only difference between the paid classes and the mini-classes are that the mini-classes are student-led discussions and are shorter in length than regular courses.
I recently took the Know Your Wool mini-class led by Deborah Robson, co-author of the Fleece and Fiber Sourcebook, and found it very helpful. It covered different types of wool and their characteristics and how to determine which wool is appropriate for your project. It was also neat to see footage of wool markets and shepherds.
Next I want to take Sewing Machine 911 (because I am so lost with my sewing machine!) and The Hand-Painted Cake (because what doesn’t sound fun about that!).
Here is a list of all the mini-classes available. Which one would you like to try?
- Know Your Wool: Do you wonder where your yarn comes from? Learn about different types of wool and the individual characteristics of each.
- The Hand-Painted Cake: Elevate your cake with Erin Schaefgen’s freehand painting techniques. Create beautiful and edible works of art with Erin’s tips and tricks.
- Creative Quilt Backs: Make the back of your quilt just as interesting as the front! Oh, Fransson! blog author Elizabeth Hartman walks you through everything you need to know to make beautiful quilt backs.
- Modern Buttercream: Learn to use buttercream like a pro! Discover the tricks and tips to construct and create a beautifully finished buttercream cake.
- Short Rows: Don’t fall short because you find short rows intimidating! Learn four different techniques to creating short rows, and discover how they can make shaping a knitted garment a snap.
- Sewing Machine 911: Give your sewing machine some TLC with the help of this free course. Learn to clean and maintain your sewing machine with tips and tricks taught in this class.
- QuiltCon Lecture Series 2013: Not able to make it to Austin for the Modern Quilt Guild’s inaugural QuiltCon? Watch some of our favorite lectures from the event, given by Heather Jones, Angela Walters, David and Amy Butler, Jacquie Gering, and Mary Fons.
Check out all of Craftsy’s classes by clicking here.