I designed the Lakeside Throw Crochet Afghan Pattern to be stylish enough to leave out as a decor accent but cozy enough for when you need some time to rest and restore. It just begs you to curl up for awhile and indulge in a good book or movie. And best of all, it’s the perfect pattern for all crochet experience levels.
The textured stitch pattern is one of my favorites … it so rich and complex, but is really quite simple using only two basic crochet stitches. You can also see it worked up in this Textured Dishcloth Crochet Pattern.
Lakeside Throw Crochet Afghan Pattern
Where possible I include links to the products and resources I mention. Some of these links may be affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission on purchases at absolutely no additional cost to my readers. These affiliate relationships help offset the costs of running this website. You can read my full Disclosure Statement here.
Here is what you will need:
- 8 skeins worsted weight yarn, approx. 2,000 yds (shown here in Caron Simply Soft Tweeds in Off White)
- US I-9 / 5.5 mm hook
- yarn needle and scissors for finishing
Finished afghan as written measures approximately 60 in. x 40 in. but can be easily customized to any size you desire.
- To customize size, chain a multiple of 3 + 2.
- I found that this stitch pattern results in nice and neat edges without the need to add a border. If you do prefer to add a border, you can use the simple single crochet edging pattern as I did in the Textured Dishcloth Crochet Pattern.
- If you need a refresher, check out my stitch tutorials for how to do a single crochet here and how to do a double crochet here.
Row 1: Work [1 sc, 2 dc] in 2nd ch from hook, skip next 2 ch, *work [1 sc, 2 dc] in next, skip next 2 ch, rep from * across until last 3 ch, skip next 2 ch, 1 sc in last ch, turn — 133 sts.
Row 2: Ch 1 (does not count as st), work [1 sc, 2 dc] in first st, skip next 2 sts, *work [1 sc, 2 dc] in next, skip next 2 sts, rep from * across until last 3 sts, skip next 2 sts, 1 sc in last st, turn — 133 sts.
Rows 3 – 131: Rep Row 2 for a total of 131 rows or until desired length is reached.
Fasten off, weave in ends.