Happy International Crochet Day to all of you!!
Six years ago, Jimbo from Jimbo’s Front Porch set aside September 12 as a day to celebrate and share our love of crochet. To celebrate, he is giving away one of his gorgeous hand carved hooks. Be sure to stop by his site to enter.
I am celebrating today in such a great way … I am working on some fun crochet ideas to share with you all and also will be teaching a Crochet 101 class tonight at my local yarn store, Close Knit. Yay!
And, what better way to promote crochet love than with a sale. So, today I am offering 20% off your total pattern purchase from my eShop. Just enter crochetlove at checkout to receive your discount.
How will you be celebrating International Crochet Day? Here are some ideas:
- Crochet, of course!
- Treat yourself to some gorgeous yarn (splurge!)
- Support your local yarn store
- Follow and support a new crochet Facebook page or blog
- Crochet something for charity
- Crochet in public
- Support an indie designer
- Learn a new stitch
- Wear one of your creations
- Call the person who taught you to crochet and thank them (Thank you, Nonna!)
- Teach someone to crochet
Hope some of these ideas inspire you. Happy hooking!