Today kicks off Domestic Violence Awareness month and I am super excited to announce I am taking part in the Purple Purse Challenge, a fundraising campaign launched by The Allstate Foundation and focused on ending domestic violence and assisting with financial independence for those abused.
Kerry Washington is an ambassador for the campaign and talks in this You Tube video about her 2015 purse design to encourage the public to discuss domestic violence and the financial abuse that is so often used to deny access to money and other financial resources.
We can make sure survivors have the resources to recover and heal.
My goal is to raise awareness and help support Center For Hope And Safety, an incredible organization known for their dedication to assisting victims of domestic violence, and their children, by turning fear into safety, helplessness into strength, and isolation into hope. Visit my fundraising page here to read more about Center for Hope and Safety and to donate to the Purse Purse Challenge.
[tweetthis display_mode=”box”]Will you join me? Take the Purple Purse Challenge to end domestic violence #purplepursechallenge[/tweetthis]
Every donation makes a difference, no matter how big or small!
What does your gift mean to the women and children at
Center For Hope And Safety?
- $5,000 covers the cost of the 24 hr. hotline for 1 week.
- $2,500 pays for 2 weeks of art therapy for children who have witnessed DV.
- $1,000 provides 1 day of emergency housing, counseling and food for a mother and her children.
- $250 pays the electric bill in one of the transitional houses.
- $100 covers the cost of 4 hours of Project Self-Sufficiency training.
- $50 supplies medication for a client
Enjoy this free Purple Purse crochet pattern from Petals to Picots!
Click on the photo below to get the free pattern …