Faux Fur Trimmed Infinity Scarf-to-Wrap

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Faux Fur Trimmed Infinity Scarf-to-Wrap | www.petalstopicots.com | #crochet #fiber

I love the understated sophistication of this Infinity Scarf-to-Wrap!! It can go from an cowl or scarf to a wrap with just a tug over the shoulders and looks just as cute with a pair of jeans as it does with a dressier outfit. Best of all, it’s super simple to make!

Faux Fur Trimmed Infinity Scarf/Wrap

Here is what you will need:

• 1 skein Lion Brand Fisherman’s Wool, 465 yd (shown here in Oatmeal #123)
  • 1 skein Lion Brand Pelt, 47 yd. (shown here in Sable #205)
  • I hook / 5.5 mm
  • scissors and yarn needle

Click here to reference Crochet Abbreviations.
Add this pattern to your Ravelry library.

Ch 152 (or any even number of stitches until desired width is reached).

Row 1:  Work 1 sc in the fourth chain from the hook (skipped chains count as ch-sp),  *ch 1 and skip next ch, 1 sc in next ch, repeat from * across, turn — 75 sc.

Row 2: Ch 2, work 1 sc in first ch-1 sp, ch 1, *1 sc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1, rep from * across ending with 1 sc in turning ch-sp from previous row, turn — 75 sc.

Row 3: Ch 2, work 1 sc in first ch-1 sp, ch 1, *1 sc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1, rep from * across ending with 1 sc in turning ch-2 sp from previous row, turn — 75 sc.

Rows 4 through 60: Repeat Row 3 until piece measures 18 in. or until your desired length is reached.

Rows 61 through 63: Join faux fur yarn and repeat Row 3.

Fasten off.

Twist and Seaming

Lay rectangular piece flat in front of you with fur trim at the top. Grab corners C and D and give piece a half twist while folding and laying corner C on top of corner B and corner D on top of corner A.

Using a yarn needle and length of yarn, whip st along edge to seam edge together, as indicated by the red line below.

Weave in all ends and enjoy!

I love the understated sophistication of this piece!! It can go from an cowl or scarf to a wrap with just a tug over the shoulders and looks just as cute with a pair of jeans as it does with a dressier outfit. Best of all, it's super simple to make! #petalstopicots

, ,

14 Responses to Faux Fur Trimmed Infinity Scarf-to-Wrap

1. Jennifer January 11, 2017 at 11:50 pm #

Hello – I would like to try this pattern, but I am wondering if the 76 count chain is correct? Thanks

• Kara January 12, 2017 at 10:15 am #

Good catch! That is a typo … the starting chain should be 152 chains. I have corrected the pattern to reflect this now.

• GrandmaPat January 16, 2017 at 4:08 pm #

Thank you for updating the pattern directions: I got 1/3 way done, and realized there is no way 76 count chains were enough! Also it has been a fffrustrating start, I will begin yet again.

2. Cindy Childers January 13, 2017 at 12:08 am #

Love this look. I do have a question on this pattern. For row one, it states steps, but at end it says to turn – 75 sc. Should this bring it back to beginning of row one?
    Thanks in advance. I am new to crochet, knit and looming.
    Cindy

• Kara January 13, 2017 at 5:32 am #

Hi Cindy 🙂 this piece is worked back and forth in rows.

• Jennifer January 13, 2017 at 4:15 pm #

I’m guessing all the steps should be updated to reflect the correct starting chain

• Jennifer January 13, 2017 at 4:16 pm #

never mind my comment — the 75 sc is because you also will have 76 chain spaces.

3. Debi January 26, 2017 at 1:37 pm #

Unfortunately I printed the pattern with 76 chains and have completed the scarf. I was wondering why it wasn’t like the picture. So, wasted yarn and pelt. 🙁

4. Vivienne March 11, 2017 at 9:07 am #

Can any yarn be used for thus scarf?
    Is it then correct to chain 176?
    Thanks.
    Viviienne

• Kara March 15, 2017 at 11:15 am #

Hi Vivienne 🙂 As long as it’s a worsted weight yarn it should be the same.

5. Mary Tulenko July 9, 2017 at 6:23 pm #

This is really cute! I have some black ‘fur’ yarn that’s not working where I originally meant to use it; it might work well here with gray…

6. Brooke September 7, 2017 at 12:40 am #

Do you use the fur along the other side? I’ve done the one side and it doesn’t wrap all the way around like the pic.

• Kara September 13, 2017 at 6:32 pm #

Hi Brooke 🙂 Yes, I only uses it around half of the wrap because I only wanted it at the top. Of course you can go all the way if you’d like though 🙂

1. Infinity Scarves Pattern Collection - Cre8tion Crochet - January 11, 2017