My Miniature Gardens

Where possible I include links to the products and resources I mention. Some of these links may be affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission on purchases at absolutely no additional cost to my readers. These affiliate relationships help offset the costs of running this website to keep the free patterns coming. You can read my full Disclosure Statement here.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Miniature Garden - pot garden (1 of 2)

Awhile ago on my visits around to my favorite blogs I stopped by Dly’s  Hooks and Yarns and fell in love with Debi’s little Candlelight Garden! I made a note to myself that I HAD to make one of those. Now some months later on a visit to 7Alive I saw Kadie’s Garden Fairy Terrarium and couldn’t resist any longer. So I made one … and two … miniature gardens of my own. They make me so happy every time I see them. I bought some fun little dollhouse items from Hobby Lobby and collected some stones and moss from my yard. Aren’t they cute?!

Thanks for the inspiration, Debi and Kadie!

Miniature Garden - pot garden (2 of 2)

11 Responses to My Miniature Gardens

1. Marl January 3, 2014 at 3:59 am #

Love them! You did great!! Do you make housecalls??

2. Pat Tucker January 3, 2014 at 1:55 pm #

How cute…my son had given me a miniature terrarium for Mother’s Day and they lived outside on the porch all summer. Had a large 3-liter soda bottle…well, cut around the bottom one-third, filled with dirt and succulents, made three 2 inch cuts around base of top 2-thirds and fit together with bottom…bottle hole on top is not capped… you can water this slowly through the bottle hole….

3. Preeti January 3, 2014 at 2:03 pm #

They look very sweet indeed!! I have seen Debi’s fairy garden and have that in my todo list too.
    Happy new year to you and your family, Kara!!:)

4. Aida F. January 3, 2014 at 2:21 pm #

HAPPY New Year to you and your family Kara!! Your terrarium is SO ADORABLE!! I recently created some terrariums and trust me, you can’t just stop at one, my gardens are my therapy. I’ve actually made my Sunday mornings my **Garden Therapy & ME** time, nothing like my coffee, and tending to my garden before the morning CHAOS starts!! Enjoy your garden. 🙂

5. Debi Y. January 3, 2014 at 8:22 pm #

Hi Kara. Your little gardens look so cute. I’ll have to check out Hobby Lobby to get accessories for my next garden. Thanks for the mention. 🙂

6. Tara January 3, 2014 at 11:45 pm #

Kara – I LOVE it! I’ve been pining for a fairy garden, and I’m definitely making one this year. Pinning for inspiration!

7. Patricia Pickworth Reid January 4, 2014 at 12:32 pm #

I just loved to see and enjoy your miniature gardens and have planned for some time to make one myself. I think starting off small like yours makes a larger one more possible. There are a lot of ideas on the Web under Fairy Gardens. You would enjoy browsing!

8. Adrianne January 4, 2014 at 8:09 pm #

I love these. On the to-do list with my daughter!!

9. Marilyn January 4, 2014 at 8:53 pm #

Oh, I love this, Kara! It’s now on my to do list!

10. Barb T January 5, 2014 at 10:21 am #

I just built my 2nd fairy garden. I’ve decided large houseplants take up too much room
    and since I have beautiful glass containers, why not use them. Nice job on yours.

11. Kadie January 7, 2014 at 1:44 pm #

Seriously these are so cute!!!!! I love the little doll house touches you added! I think I might need to make some more because yours are making me quite happy too! 🙂 And thanks for the shout out girl!