My Miniature Gardens

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Miniature Garden - pot garden (1 of 2)

Awhile ago on my visits around to my favorite blogs I stopped by Dly’s  Hooks and Yarns and fell in love with Debi’s little Candlelight Garden! I made a note to myself that I HAD to make one of those. Now some months later on a visit to 7Alive I saw Kadie’s Garden Fairy Terrarium and couldn’t resist any longer. So I made one … and two … miniature gardens of my own. They make me so happy every time I see them. I bought some fun little dollhouse items from Hobby Lobby and collected some stones and moss from my yard. Aren’t they cute?!

Thanks for the inspiration, Debi and Kadie!

Miniature Garden - pot garden (2 of 2)

11 Responses to My Miniature Gardens

1. Marl January 3, 2014 at 3:59 am #

Love them! You did great!! Do you make housecalls??

2. Pat Tucker January 3, 2014 at 1:55 pm #

How cute…my son had given me a miniature terrarium for Mother’s Day and they lived outside on the porch all summer. Had a large 3-liter soda bottle…well, cut around the bottom one-third, filled with dirt and succulents, made three 2 inch cuts around base of top 2-thirds and fit together with bottom…bottle hole on top is not capped… you can water this slowly through the bottle hole….

3. Preeti January 3, 2014 at 2:03 pm #

They look very sweet indeed!! I have seen Debi’s fairy garden and have that in my todo list too.
    Happy new year to you and your family, Kara!!:)

4. Aida F. January 3, 2014 at 2:21 pm #

HAPPY New Year to you and your family Kara!! Your terrarium is SO ADORABLE!! I recently created some terrariums and trust me, you can’t just stop at one, my gardens are my therapy. I’ve actually made my Sunday mornings my **Garden Therapy & ME** time, nothing like my coffee, and tending to my garden before the morning CHAOS starts!! Enjoy your garden. 🙂

5. Debi Y. January 3, 2014 at 8:22 pm #

Hi Kara. Your little gardens look so cute. I’ll have to check out Hobby Lobby to get accessories for my next garden. Thanks for the mention. 🙂

6. Tara January 3, 2014 at 11:45 pm #

Kara – I LOVE it! I’ve been pining for a fairy garden, and I’m definitely making one this year. Pinning for inspiration!

7. Patricia Pickworth Reid January 4, 2014 at 12:32 pm #

I just loved to see and enjoy your miniature gardens and have planned for some time to make one myself. I think starting off small like yours makes a larger one more possible. There are a lot of ideas on the Web under Fairy Gardens. You would enjoy browsing!

8. Adrianne January 4, 2014 at 8:09 pm #

I love these. On the to-do list with my daughter!!

9. Marilyn January 4, 2014 at 8:53 pm #

Oh, I love this, Kara! It’s now on my to do list!

10. Barb T January 5, 2014 at 10:21 am #

I just built my 2nd fairy garden. I’ve decided large houseplants take up too much room
    and since I have beautiful glass containers, why not use them. Nice job on yours.

11. Kadie January 7, 2014 at 1:44 pm #

Seriously these are so cute!!!!! I love the little doll house touches you added! I think I might need to make some more because yours are making me quite happy too! 🙂 And thanks for the shout out girl!