My First Tunisian Crochet Projects

10 Flares Google+ 6 StumbleUpon 0 Pin It Share 4 Facebook 0 Twitter 0 10 Flares ×
If you are interested in taking this online class, you can also help support my blog by purchasing through the affiliate link included in this post. You can read my full Disclosure Statement here.

I have a new love … Tunisian crochet!! I took the Craftsy Tunsian class and have to say I am hooked, hooked, hooked!

Here are my first projects …

These are washcloths made from a pattern in the class … one worked in one color and one practicing the 3 color technique … not bad, huh?

Tunisian crochet washcloths

For this one I got a little bit brave and added some extra rows in the middle to make it into a hand towel instead of a washcloth.  Excuse its appearance already … it has been in constant use wiping off sticky little fingers  :) .

Tunisian crochet towel

So, do any of you love Tunisian too? If so, what project or stitch should I tackle next?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

, ,

20 Responses to My First Tunisian Crochet Projects

1. Muscetta April 3, 2013 at 8:33 am #

I did Tunisian crochet and I would like to do again. Sooner or later….. Your creations are very cute. Tina

2. Tanya April 3, 2013 at 5:15 am #

My tunisian looks nothing like this! Hmm I’m doing an Aoibhe Ni pattern in laceweight with a huge hook though, so I think my stitches are supposed to be different.

Love the hand towel. i would love to go into my bathroom and see things I’ve made. Really must get onto that…

3. Preeti April 3, 2013 at 5:53 am #

Your first Tunisian projects are nice! :) I have not done any yet but have it on my list.

4. Country Maison (Eva) April 3, 2013 at 7:37 am #

They look great to me ! And they are practical too !
    I have never tried tunisian crochet as yet, but now I will have to add it to my very long ‘to-do’ list !! :-))
    xEva

5. Barbara April 3, 2013 at 7:51 am #

I absolutely adore Tunisian crochet! I really should do it more often. I love your towel. What kind of yarn did you use for it?

6. Rajeswari April 3, 2013 at 8:14 am #

I especially like the 3 color red black n green one. It looks so good! I had tried it once but gave up soon..should try again :)

7. Terry April 3, 2013 at 2:59 pm #

I have never tried a Tunisian project (havent sadly had a lot of time for crocheting at all this winter), but these are gorgeous. Kind of makes you think they’re worthy of being more than dishcloths, lol. Really nice, Kara.

8. Elisabeth April 3, 2013 at 1:54 pm #

Lovely washcloths! I enjoy tunisian crochet so much, even just plain knit one purl one :)

9. Marilyn Clark April 3, 2013 at 2:18 pm #

These are great and I’m amazed at how much this looks like knitting! Is tunisian crochet difficult?

10. Mavi. April 3, 2013 at 2:34 pm #

Un trabajo estupendo, me encanta.
    Saludos.

11. linda April 3, 2013 at 4:53 pm #

They are lovely! I have only tried simple tunisian crochet they look quite complicated Kara, well done! :)

12. Luna April 4, 2013 at 12:35 am #

Thay are looking great….different texture ….cool…I like them.’)

13. Ann April 4, 2013 at 12:44 am #

My favorite Tunisian pattern is the Tunisian Miter Throw from Redheart.com. I’ve made it varying the size of the hook to make a bigger or smaller blanket. Have used it twice for a baby blanket.

14. Ana BC April 4, 2013 at 2:34 am #

I tried Tunisian a while ago, and I liked it too! But I have not used it much because it turns out rather thick. I think it is perfect for wash cloths, rugs ad cozy blankets. But I cannot deny it is a super fun technique to do ;-)

15. Frankie Zacharias April 4, 2013 at 1:11 pm #

I love tunisian crochet. I am currently working on a baby blanket using the Tunisian Entrelac stitch. I don’t have a camera so I can’t upload a pic of it sorry. I learned how to do this stitch by watching a video on youtube.com. I just love how it is turning out. You should give this stitch a try, I think you will love it as much as you do the basic Tunisian stitch. :)

16. Sarah April 4, 2013 at 6:09 pm #

I am just learning to tunisian crochet – my problem is i am working on squares and I have some serious burritos happening. Mine are massively rolling.

17. Rhondda Mol April 4, 2013 at 11:13 pm #

I’d sign up through your link Kara but I’m already enrolled! LOL :) You did a lovely job – I like the hand towel especially!

18. Sandy Campbell April 5, 2013 at 4:19 am #

Those are really unique and very pretty Kara!! Good job!! http://www.sanderellas1.com

19. Hanni April 6, 2013 at 8:44 pm #

Love this technic, looks like knitting for me:)
    Craftsy is so great site, there are a few knitting classes I would love to attend.

20. Ana Lopes April 7, 2013 at 1:03 pm #

Great work! Love it!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,