Wednesdays Yarn Along

I am joining in Ginny’s Yarn Along this week and sharing my current yarn project and read. I am reading In the Company of the Courtesan by Sarah Dunant. I borrowed it from my sister-in-law and have really just started it. I am a big historical fiction fan so I am excited to get into it. And on my hook is the start of another little dolly from my newest pattern. Fun stuff!
What are you working on and reading right now? I would love to hear.

12 Responses to Wednesdays Yarn Along

1. Tanya January 30, 2013 at 5:34 am #

oh your amigurumi looks very much like mine right now! I am doing something in the same colour!

2. Terry January 30, 2013 at 1:48 pm #

Mmm,..I love historical fiction as well. And of course love whatever you are making at the moment. Alas, I am in a crochet lull – so I’ll have to live through you for now. :)

3. Preeti January 30, 2013 at 9:24 am #

The book looks interesting. What am I reading right now? I am reading your post now :) just kidding:) I am not into particular long read right now, just surfing through newspapers and magazines. I am working on some crochet motifs and a cross stitch project.

4. Adrianne at Happy Hour Projects January 30, 2013 at 7:40 pm #

What a fun post about your yarns. ;) I’m not reading anything right now but that’s okay, I’ve managed 3 books since Christmas which is more reading than I normally get in!

5. Hanni January 30, 2013 at 9:17 pm #

I love WIP wendesdays, so great to see what other bloggers working on and it is somehow a motivation for me to finish my WIPs.
    Love your colorful doily :)

6. Nico Saich January 30, 2013 at 4:40 pm #

i love your yarn project! I dont have too many projects going on besides painting my dresser ! I need to get that project finished. Nice visiting your blog!

-Nico

7. Sandi January 30, 2013 at 4:40 pm #

Roses by Leila Meacham is my book choice right now. I needed something good to read while at a seminar with my husband in Baton Rouge. Found a Barnes and Nobles and discovered this really good read. I am presently crocheting a blanket of dark green and believe it or not, a yarn the same color as yours. Using a linen stitch. Not sure how large yet, trying to use up the yarn I have.

8. Lisa January 30, 2013 at 4:58 pm #

Enjoyed visiting today!

9. Chiwei @ One Dog Woof January 30, 2013 at 9:41 pm #

Ooh, I’ll have to remember to do my own WIP Wednesday Yarn Along. I’m working on adding a border to a bunch of muslin blankets..you know, when I’m not nailing in floors. And I love historical fiction, gonna have to put this one on my to-read list!

10. bennettska January 31, 2013 at 4:17 pm #

I’ve recently found your blog and am enjoying checking in with you :). I am currently working on orders for my shop Wrapped with a Kiss – a valentine elf hat and also a baby blanket using a new bumpy stitch which is working out very nicely. My read is “What a Dragon Should Know” by G.A. Aiken. It’s the 3rd book in the Dragon Kin series. She is a new author for me and I am enjoying the humor throughout the book along with the character development.

11. Kadie February 1, 2013 at 2:01 am #

What a great idea! I’ll have to remember to link up all my WIP. ha,ha

12. the bookworm February 2, 2013 at 3:07 pm #

The yarn along sounds like a fun idea, I think I will join up. I’m always reading something, and I just finished up a book called The Midwife’s Tale, which is a historical mystery revolving around a midwife in the 1600’s. It was pretty good! In the Company of the Courtesan sounds good too, I like historicals. If you like that genre, I recommend Phillipa Gregory, she’s like the queen of historical fiction :)
    Happy reading and crocheting.
    crochet mamas blog