Hugs and Kisses Heart Basket Crochet Pattern

Heart Basket Crochet Pattern

These sweet little baskets are made by building onto the hearts crochet pattern from last week’s pattern here. The crossing double crochets and skipped stitches used on the sides create an X O X O effect. Perfect for all your lovely Valentines!

Hugs and Kisses Heart Basket Crochet Pattern

• worsted weight yarn
  • H hook
  • tapestry needle

Finished sizes: small = approx. 4½ in.

Make a magic ring.

Foundation Round: Ch 1 (does not count as st), working into the ring, work 4 hdc, 3 dc, ch1, Sl st in ring, ch 1, continue working in ring 3 dc, 3 hdc, join with a Sl st to first hdc of round, pull tail of yarn to close up ring — 16 sts.

Round 1: Ch 1 (does not count as st), 1 hdc in same st as join, 1 hdc in each of the next 3 sts, 1 dc in next, 2 dc in next, 3 dc in next, ch 1, Sl st in Sl st from previous round, ch 1, 3 dc in next st, 2 dc in next, 1 dc in next, 1 hdc in each of the next 3 sts, join — 22 sts.

Round 2: Ch 1 (does not count as st), 1 hdc in same st as join, 1 hdc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 dc in next, 2 dc in next, 3 dc in next, 2 hdc in next, ch 1, Sl st in Sl st from previous round, ch 1, 2 hdc in next, 3 dc in next st, 2 dc in next, 1 dc in next, 1 hdc in each of the next 5 sts, join — 30 sts.

Round 3: Ch 1 (does not count as st), 1 hdc in same st as join, 1 hdc in each of the next 6 sts, 2 hdc in next, 2 dc in each of the next 3 sts, 3 dc in next, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, ch 1, Sl st in Sl st from previous round, ch 1, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 3 dc in next, 2 dc in each of the next 3 sts, 2 hdc in next, 1 hdc in each of the next 6 sts, join — 42 sts.
Round 4: Ch 1 (does not count as st), 1 dc in same st as join, 1 dc in each of the next 19 sts, 1 dc in ch-1 space, skip Sl st, 1 dc in ch-1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 19 sts, join — 41 sts.

Turn.

Round 5: Ch 1, 1 dc in same st as join, ch 1, skip 2 * 1 dc in next st, working in front of the st just made work 1 dc into the previous st, ch 1, skip 2, repeat from * around, join  — 41 sts.

Round 6: Without turning, work 1 reverse single crochet in each st just made around, join  — 41 sts.
Fasten off, weave in ends.

Now they are ready to fill with goodies for all your sweeties!

Crochet Heart Basket for Valentines Day
Click here for more free Valentine’s Day Crochet Patterns.
Free Valentine's Day Crochet Patterns

33 Responses to Hugs and Kisses Heart Basket Crochet Pattern

1. Anna February 8, 2012 at 1:47 pm #

Too cute ! Never seen in little basket !
    Hug
    Anna

2. Stephanie February 8, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

I love these! They are fabulous. Thanks for the pattern!
    Stephanie

3. Cranberry Morning February 9, 2012 at 3:20 am #

Those are so cute! I may even try my hand at one. :-)

4. Linda February 9, 2012 at 5:19 am #

You’ve got to be kidding me!! I just love this!! So much. Thanks. Linda

5. principeta February 9, 2012 at 6:13 pm #

Hello,just find this,so cute,simple but clever.I must make it latter.Thanks for sharing.

6. Danielle February 9, 2012 at 6:29 pm #

perfectly cute! I am having a Valentine Linky Carnival and would LOVE for you to link this up:>

7. Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm February 10, 2012 at 12:40 pm #

Oh my gosh! I wish I could crochet! I’m pinning it and asking my mother-in-law to try to teach me one more time!! Saw this over at Bacon Time. Thanks for sharing it!

8. Staying Crafty February 10, 2012 at 4:20 pm #

Awesome pattern! Love it :) Thanks for sharing.

9. Mayya @ SCU February 10, 2012 at 5:12 pm #

WOW these turned out beautifully, makes me want to learn how to crochet just so i can make those!

Thanks for sharing the tutorial, i have pinned it!

10. Hani@Craftionary February 13, 2012 at 3:44 am #

Kara how fun would it be looking at all the crochet collection you have at home.. I love what you make! :)
    Thanks for linking up!

11. Kathy M February 13, 2012 at 7:27 pm #

Ok, this is adorable! I wish I understood all those crochet terms!

12. Trish - Mom On Timeout February 15, 2012 at 4:03 pm #

Just pinned this and can’t wait to give it a try! Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s Day!

13. Trish - Mom On Timeout February 15, 2012 at 9:52 pm #

You’re being featured tonight at Taking A Timeout Thursday! Thanks so much for sharing!

14. Deana February 18, 2012 at 3:08 am #

You are being featured @CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet Party!
    Stop by and pick up a featured button….and have a great weekend:)

15. Anonymous February 18, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

Hi Kara, I am just learning to crochet little projects and had come accross this one – absolutely cute! I have just one question for you though, is the foundation the magic circle or is it to add after the magic circle has been made? i’m just a little confused :)

Thanks,
    Teri

16. Anonymous June 13, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

Hi Kara – this is super cute! I really would like to try this. Do you have instructions to make it a little bit bigger?

Thanks for the pattern!

17. Elizabeth Jordan January 18, 2013 at 5:05 pm #

Thank you very much, adorable.

18. Barb Z January 31, 2013 at 11:44 am #

This comment has been removed by the author.

19. Barb Z January 31, 2013 at 11:47 am #

Your baskets are very cute and turned out nicely. Mine, on the other hand, resembled a hat for a butt-head! Ugh! I’m not sure where I went wrong, if its the gauge, the yarn, or the creator (me). It is very rounded, the base is not flat at all. I followed the instructions, counted my stitches…(sigh) I don’t know what happened. Its still cute enough for what I want to use it for (to hold a heart-shaped bar of soap). To save my misshapen basket, I think I’ll tell the user to utilize it as a bath scrubbie. I think it may work very well to hold the soap inside while scrubbing with it in the bath or shower. Hmmm…what do think about that? :-) Thank you for sharing the pattern!

20. annalisaiscrafty February 1, 2013 at 10:47 pm #

Thanks for posting this! I’m totally trying it tonight. :)

21. vlpw February 3, 2013 at 4:47 am #

So, so cute! Thank you for sharing this clear and well-written pattern. My little basket turned out perfect! The possibilities are endless for making these in different weight yarns for home decor and gifts too. Thanks again! :-)

22. Eileen Chrisjohn February 6, 2013 at 12:53 am #

Thanks Kara! This is such a cute pattern. I can’t wait to try it out. Thanks so much for sharing this.
    Eileen:0

23. Rachel Pauker September 18, 2014 at 8:45 pm #

I just love these heart baskets!

• Kara September 18, 2014 at 11:18 pm #

So happy you like them! Thanks, Rachel :)

1. Valentine Kids' Crafts Roundup | One Artsy Mama - December 26, 2013

[…] Hugs & Kisses Heart Baskets: Petals to Picots Twine Hearts: homework Rustic LOVE Sign: Country Chic Cottage Bee Mine Printable: Organize and Decorate Everything Stuffed Paper Hearts: The Scrap Shoppe Blog Vinyl Centerpiece: One Artsy Mama Valentine’s Day Countdown Calendar: Yesterday on Tuesday Easy and Elegant Valentine Centerpiece: Madigan Made Heart Candle: homework Heart Cards Garland: Happiness is Homemade Valentine Paint Chip Banner: Domestic Superhero […]

2. Crochet Your Sweet Valentine | Crochet | CraftGossip.com - February 1, 2014

[…] Crochet a little bowl to hold special treats for your Valentine!  Who wouldn’t want to be honored with a sweet confection like this?  Either fill the bowl with candy or another sweet treat for your Sweetie or consider using this pattern from the same designer to make a special set of coasters as a gift.  Kara has made them in a variety of sizes so you can use the simple heart from everything to a brooch to a wall hanging! […]

3. Idee regalo handmade per San Valentino | Alluncinetto.it - February 9, 2014

[…] Lo schema della scatolina a forma di cuore (quello viola) invece l’ho preso a questo link. […]